Canned tuna is well-known for containing a great deal of protein and it is undoubtedly one of best canned fish for your health. That’s why it is recommended to eat canned tuna on a regular basis.
There are many kinds of canned tuna so tracking down the best tuna for your diet is quite puzzling. Therefore, it’s completely worth your time reading my reviews to bump into the first-rate canned tuna.
- Different Types of Canned Tuna
- Benefits of Canned Tuna
- What Are The Best Canned Tuna to Buy?
- Canned Tuna Comparison Chart 2020
- Top 15 Best Canned Tuna Reviews 2020
- 1. Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna
- 2. BUMBLE BEE Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 3. StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 4. Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Pure Olive Oil
- 5. Chicken of The Sea Tuna Chunk Light in Water
- 6. WILD SELECTIONS Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil
- 7. MW Polar Tuna, All Natural Chunk Light Tuna
- 8. Crown Prince Natural Chunk Light Tongol Tuna in Spring Water
- 9. StarKist Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 10. Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna
- 11. Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna
- 12. Freshé Gourmet Canned Tuna Variety Pack
- 13. Kirkland Albacore Solid White Tuna in Water
- 14. Adriatic Sardina Canned Tuna Fillets in Olive Oil
- 15. Raincoast Trading Solid White Albacore Tuna
- How to Enhance Your Meals With Canned Tuna?
- Buying Guides
- My Top Pick
Different Types of Canned Tuna
The information on the canned tuna can make you confused. If you want to choose the best canned tuna easier, you should understand the difference between the three common types of it.
- Solid White Albacore Tuna(Also Called White Tuna): This type has a steaky and firm structure. This type is commonly found in large Albacore tuna with a mild and fresh flavor. You can enjoy white tuna on its own or mixing with other recipes is also a great idea.
- Chunk White Albacore Tuna: This is also white tuna but it is different from Solid White Albacore Tuna. Chunk White Albacore Tuna is packed in smaller chunks. It also has a mild flavor with a firm texture.
- Chunk Light Tuna: This type is found in small tuna. There are some different branches of Chunk Light Tuna such as skipjack, yellowfin, big-eye tuna,... Chunk Light Tuna’s texture is softer than other kinds. The color is darker. It is packed with smaller pieces but has a stronger flavor.
Benefits of Canned Tuna
One canned tuna contains a high amount of protein and Omega 3. Therefore, it becomes an excellent product for your health. Now let’s take a closer look at the various benefits of canned tuna:
- Improve heart health
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Reduce blood pressure
- Improve your immune system
- Rich in Iron and Vitamin B, which helps strengthen the blood cells
- Reduce the stress level
- Good for eye health
- Excellent source of vitamin, which helps strengthen your bones
- Help fight kidney disease
- Ideal for skin health
- Provide energy and help build muscle
- Enhance weight loss
There are more benefits of canned tuna but I just note some crucial benefits. Now you have too many reasons to pick up a canned tuna. Why don’t you move on to find the best canned tuna for yourself?
- 5 Tips for Air Fryer Healthy Cooking Alternatives
- Top 15 Best Coffee Storage Containers Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Ninja Blenders To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Butcher Knives To Buy in 2020
- Top 15 Best Frozen Lasagna in 2020
- Top 12 Best Japanese Rice Cooker For Your Kitchen 2020
- Top 15 Best Honing Steel To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Electric Skillet To Buy 2020
What Are The Best Canned Tuna to Buy?
As regular, I will list some top-rated canned tuna here. Let’s dip into their main features to find the best canned tuna that fits your diverse needs!
- Best Overall: Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna
“Sustainable sourced, nourishing canned tuna, ideal for Keto and Paleo diet, a rich source of Omega 3 and protein, gluten-free, non-GMO, no added water, oil or fillers, natural flavor.”
- Best Budget: Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Pure Olive Oil
“Effortless to open, unique and delicious taste, safe and sustainable catching method, rich in protein and Omega 3, no carbs, low sodium, all-natural product, no additives and preservatives.”
- Best for Keto: BUMBLE BEE Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
“Mild and delicious taste, firm texture, protein-packed, wild-caught, Gluten-free and non-GMO, rich Omega 3, 25% of Niacin per serving, no fat and carbohydrates, an excellent source of vitamin D, vitamin B6, B12.”
- Best for Weight Loss: StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water
“Natural and mild flavor, soy-free and gluten-free, perfect for weight loss, an excellent source of protein and Omega 3, healthy protein-pack snack, low in fat, easy to store, delicious taste.”
- Best for Heart Health: Chicken of The Sea Tuna Chunk Light in Water
“50% lower sodium, rich in protein and omega3, affordable price, fast and convenient, help protect joints, good for heart health, give you a better sleep.”
- Best Quality: WILD SELECTIONS Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil
“ Exceptional taste, tasty and healthy, suitable for Keto diet, low in sodium, rich in protein, tender texture, excellent flavor.”
- Best for Paleo: Crown Prince Natural Chunk Light Tongol Tuna in Spring Water
“No salt added, pull-top lids for easy opening, low mercury level, wild-caught and dolphin-safe, rich in protein, an excellent source of Omega 3, high supply of vitamin D and iron, low fat, no additives or preservatives.”
- Best for Pregnant Women: Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna
“Lowest mercury level, proving more nutrients, amazing flavor, non-GMO, Gluten-free, BPA-free can, rich in Niacin, low fat, suitable for pregnant women, kids, and athletes, a rich source of vitamin D, B6, B12.”
- Best for Travel: Freshé Gourmet Canned Tuna Variety Pack
“Portable size, BPA-free can, ideal for travel, a great source of protein, convenient pocket-size, various flavor options, easy to open, rich in vitamin, and Omega 3.”
Canned Tuna Comparison Chart 2020
If you are a health-conscious person or you are following a diet, you should know exactly what put into your body. Therefore, it is vital that you glance at the comparison chart below to seek out the best canned tuna for your health.
|Best Canned Tunas||Weight||Dimensions||Flavor||Protein/serving||Vitamin D/serving||Ingredients|
|Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna - Best Overall||4.8 pounds||10.5 x 1.5 x 3.4 inches||Sea Salt||21g||30%||Albacore tuna, sea salt|
|BUMBLE BEE Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water - Best for Keto||9.1 pounds||13.6 x 10.1 x 2.6 inches||Water||13g||6%||White tuna, water, vegetable broth, salt, pyrophosphate added|
|StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water - Best for Weight Loss||18.4 pounds||Not specified||Water||20g||10%||Light tuna, water, vegetable broth, salt|
|Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Pure Olive Oil - Best Budget||6.4 ounces||13.9 x 10.4 x 2.8 inches||Pure Olive Oil||14g||8%||Solid light yellowfin tuna, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt|
|Chicken of The Sea Tuna Chunk Light in Water - Best for Heart Health||9.3 pounds||Not specified||In Water||11g||8%||Smoked oysters, cottonseed oil, salt|
|WILD SELECTIONS Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil - Best Quality||1.6 pounds||3.4 x 3.4 x 1.3 inches||Olive oil||15g||0%||Light tuna, olive oil, salt|
|MW Polar Tuna, All Natural Chunk Light Tuna||19.5 pounds||Not specified||Water||13g||0%||Skipjack tuna, water, salt|
|Crown Prince Natural Chunk Light Tongol Tuna in Spring Water - Best for Paleo||4.8 pounds||10.5 x 7.8 x 2.8 inches||Spring Water||30g||10%||Tongol tuna, spring water|
|StarKist Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water||9.3 pounds||13.5 x 10.2 x 2.7 inches||Water||26g||6%||White tuna, water, vegetable broth, salt, pyrophosphate|
|Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna - Best for Pregnant Women||2.6 pounds||11.2 x 7 x 1.5 inches||Not specified||14g||8%||Wild Skipjack tuna, salt|
|Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna||1.84 pounds||3.4 x 1.5 x 10.5 inches||Sea Salt||14g||0%||Skipjack tuna and sea salt|
|Freshé Gourmet Canned Tuna Variety Pack - Best for Travel||1.2 pounds||Not specified||4 flavors||10-16g||0%||Tuna, fresh olive oil, hearty vegetables|
|Kirkland Albacore Solid White Tuna in Water||4.3 pounds||Not specified||Water||16g||0%||Albacore tuna, water, salt, sodium pyrophosphate|
|Adriatic Sardina Canned Tuna Fillets in Olive Oil||1.1 pounds||Not specified||Olive oil||22.7g||6.3%||Solid light tuna, olive oil|
|Raincoast Trading Solid White Albacore Tuna||4.24 pounds||Not specified||Sea Salt||15g||0%||Albacore Tuna, Sea Salt|
Top 15 Best Canned Tuna Reviews 2020
Do you want to know how the best canned tuna tastes? Let’s go into details to explore the flavorful taste of nutritious tuna! Each product has its own pros and cons, and I also include the product specifications to provide you with ease of choosing.
1. Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna
The Wild Planet Albacore wild tuna is not only the right product for your health, but it is also a good product for the environment. Wild Planet Albacore wild tuna is sourced by trolling or pole and line fishing. This method of catching eliminates the chance of interacting with dolphins.
This product is also an excellent gift for your health. In every serving of Wild Planet Albacore wild tuna, there are 600mg of Omega 3 and EPA. These substances are a superb supporter of your heart, brain, and your whole body.
This product is 100% Non-GMO and Kosher certified with no added water, oil, or fillers. Therefore, you can trust the health benefits of it and add it into your favorite dishes. And because there are no filters, you can enjoy the flavor that is fresh-from-the-sea.
Wild Planet Albacore wild tuna is great to go with salad, sandwiches or you can enjoy it right on the can. The fascinating taste of it will make you satisfied and addicted to this canned tuna.
- Sustainable sourced
- Nourishing canned tuna
- Ideal for Keto and Paleo diet
- A rich source of Omega 3 and protein
- No added water, oil or fillers
- Natural flavor
- Excellent fishing methods that help maintain the ocean’s natural ecosystem
- The price is high
- This product has added salt
|Dimensions||10.5 x 1.5 x 3.4 inches|
2. BUMBLE BEE Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
(Best for Keto)
The BUMBLE BEE solid white albacore tuna in water has a delicious and mild flavor with a firm structure. Therefore, you can add it to your tuna recipes to enhance the taste of the dishes you intend to cook.
This canned tuna is packed with a great deal of lean protein, omega 3, vitamin B6, Niacin, and many essential minerals. It is truly an excellent product for your health and the planet. BUMBLE BEE solid white albacore tuna in water is sourced responsibly from fisheries around the world.
Since this canned tuna has great tasting with many nutritious substances, this is the best choice for all recipes, and it is suitable for people who are on the Keto diet. You shouldn’t miss the excellent product that is Gluten-free, non-GMO, and Kosher certified.
- Mild and delicious taste
- Firm texture
- Protein-packed and wild-caught tuna
- Perfect for all tuna recipes
- Ideal for people who are on diet
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- Rich Omega 3
- An excellent source of vitamin D, vitamin B6, B12
- 25% of Niacin per serving
- No fat and carbohydrates
- You will need a can opener to open this canned tuna
- This canned tuna contains soy and salt
|Dimensions||13.6 x 10.1 x 2.6 inches|
Let’s watch the video to see why the Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna becomes the favorite product of many people:
3. StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water
(Best for Weight Loss)
Many people favor the StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water and it also receives many compliments from the customer. StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water is sourced with the dolphin-safe and wild-caught method to give you the tuna with a fresh and mild flavor.
The best way to enjoy this canned tuna is to add it to cool salads or hot casseroles. This product is ideal for many diet plans such as Keto, Paleo, Whole30, Mediterranean, and Weight Watchers.
Each can of StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water has 20g of protein and 90 calories. Moreover, it is also a great source of Omega 3 and vitamins. The StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water is truly an excellent product for your health and an excellent supporter of weight loss.
- Natural and mild flavor
- Soy-free and gluten-free
- Perfect for weight loss
- Excellent source of protein and Omega 3
- Healthy protein-pack snack
- Low in fat
- Easy to store
- Delicious taste
- Able to be used in fresh salads, hot casseroles, sandwiches,…
- Salt added
- Quite challenging to open and you will need a can opener
4. Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Pure Olive Oil
The Genova Yellowfin tuna only contains tuna with pure olive oil. There are no preservatives or additives so that you can enjoy the natural flavor of fresh tuna. And Genova uses the sustainable fishing method that is dolphin-safe that is good for the ocean’s natural ecosystem.
Genova Yellowfin tuna in pure olive oil is a rich source of protein and Omega 3, which is undoubtedly good for your skin, heart, brain, and so on. And this product is suitable for busy people as you don’t require a can opener. You can open it quickly and enjoy for lunch!
With the unique flavor and structure, this canned tuna is an excellent ingredient to many fascinating dishes. Moreover, the Genova Yellowfin tuna in pure olive oil has no carbohydrates and a low amount of sodium and fat, it is truly an excellent choice for health-conscious individuals.
- Effortless to open
- Unique and delicious taste
- Safe and sustainable catching method
- Rich in protein and Omega 3
- No carbs
- Low sodium
- All-natural product
- No additives and preservatives
- Containing a higher level of fat than other products
|Dimensions||13.9 x 10.4 x 2.8 inches|
|Flavor||Pure Olive Oil|
5. Chicken of The Sea Tuna Chunk Light in Water
(Best for Heart Health)
Are you in search of the best canned tuna for your health? I am glad to say that the Chicken of the Sea tuna chunk light in water is what you are finding. This product is 99% fat-free, and it is rich in protein and Omega 3, so this is the best product for your health, especially heart health.
Moreover, the excellent source of omega 3 and protein also help protect joints, protect your vision health, and give you a better sleep. This canned tuna is also ideal for busy people because it is convenient to use. The price of it is also affordable, which makes it the favorite product for many people.
- 50% lower sodium
- Rich in protein and omega3
- Affordable price
- Fast and convenient
- Help protect joints
- Good for heart health
- Give you a better sleep
- Hard to open. You will need a can opener
6. WILD SELECTIONS Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil
The WILD SELECTIONS solid light tuna in olive oil is an essential product in every kitchen because it has a full flavor and tender texture. Your family will love it constantly when you use it as a snack or add it to your family meals.
Not only does this product have a great taste, but it also provides you with many health benefits. This canned tuna is high in protein while it is low in fat and contains no carbs. That’s why people who are on Keto diet fancy using this product.
And WILD SELECTIONS solid light tuna in olive oil has little amount of salt, which is ideal for people who are on a low-sodium diet, too. Although this version is higher in price, it is worth every penny of yours to own a top-quality product.
- Exceptional taste
- Tasty and healthy
- Suitable for Keto diet
- Low in sodium
- Rich in protein
- Tender texture
- Excellent flavor
- High price
- Need a can opener
|Dimensions||3.4 x 3.4 x 1.3 inches|
7. MW Polar Tuna, All Natural Chunk Light Tuna
Unlike other brands, MW Polar chunk light tuna doesn’t contain any soy. Soy is usually grown using GMOs, so you can trust that this product is non-GMO. This all-natural canned tuna is wild-caught so that there will be none of the antibiotics, pesticides, and diseases.
The MW Polar chunk light tuna also contains tuna, water, and salt. There are no additives or preservatives so that you can enjoy the mouthwatering flavor of fresh tuna. Not only does the MW Polar chunk light tuna give you the great taste, but it also provides you with great nutrition.
This canned tuna is an excellent source of lean protein, vitamins, minerals,... The luxurious level of Omega 3 in MW Polar chunk light tuna makes it standout as Omega 3 is a fascinating substance for your eyes, skin, brain,...
- Chunky and fresh
- No soy or chemicals
- No additives and preservatives
- Mouthwatering taste
- Rich in Omega 3, protein, vitamins and minerals
- You will need a can opener to use this product
- Not suitable for a low-sodium diet
8. Crown Prince Natural Chunk Light Tongol Tuna in Spring Water
(Best for Paleo)
If you are following the Paleo diet or low-sodium diet, you can choose the Crown Prince natural chunk light tuna. This product has no salt added with a low amount of sodium. Moreover, it is also a high supply of vitamins and minerals.
In detail, there are 335 mg of Omega 3, 30g of protein, and 10% of vitamin D in each serving. These substances will help a lot with your diet and contribute to fast and efficient weight loss. Moreover, this product is ideal for heart health, skin health, and it also helps improve your sleep quality.
Since this product follows a wild-caught method, it has a lower level of mercury than farmed fish. And the Crown Prince natural chunk light tuna is Non-GMO Project verified so you can trust that it is entirely safe for your health.
- No salt added
- Pull-top lids for easy opening
- Low mercury level
- Wild-caught and dolphin-safe
- Rich in protein
- An excellent source of Omega 3
- High supply of vitamin D and iron
- Low fat
- No additives or preservatives
- The pull-top lids are easy to break off
|Dimensions||10.5 x 7.8 x 2.8 inches|
9. StarKist Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
The StarKist solid white albacore tuna in water has a superior taste. In each can, there is a solid fillet of mouthwatering Albacore tuna. Therefore, this canned tuna is perfect for your favorite hot casseroles or tuna salads.
One can of StarKist solid white albacore tuna provides you with 26g of protein and 110 calories, so it is ideal for eating after school or after playing sports. Since natural canned tuna has a lower level of fat and less cholesterol than beef or chicken, you can add it to your diet.
However, there is one thing that I am quite disappointed with this product. The StarKist solid white albacore tuna is not soy-free. It does contain soy. However, the exceptional flavor and nutrition of it are worth trying.
- Wild-caught and dolphin-safe
- Superior taste
- Low fat and cholesterol
- Great source of protein
- Rich in Omega 3
- Ideal to use with salads and hot casseroles
- Mild flavor and firm texture
- This canned tuna contains soy
- There is no pull-top lid
|Dimensions||13.5 x 10.2 x 2.7 inches|
10. Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna
(Best for Pregnant Women)
The Safe Catch is the only brand that carefully tests the level of mercury in every single fish. That’s why the Safe Catch Elite wild tuna has the lowest level of mercury in comparison with other brands.
Thanks to this technology, this product is ideal for pregnant women, kids, and even athletes. The Safe Catch Elite wild tuna has a fantastic flavor, and it is packed with many nutrients, which makes it become the most reliable product.
This product is non-GMO and gluten-free. Moreover, the can of it is BPA-free so it is safe to use. The Safe Catch Elite wild tuna features an easy-open lid so you can effortlessly open the can without the need of can opener.
- Lowest mercury level
- Suitable for pregnant women, kids, and athletes
- Proving more nutrients
- Amazing flavor
- BPA-free can
- Rich in Niacin
- A rich source of vitamin D, B6, B12
- Low fat
- This canned tuna is quite salty
- Containing a high level of sodium
|Dimensions||11.2 x 7 x 1.5 inches|
If you have already loved this product, you will love it even more with the video below:
11. Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna
You can trust the Wild Planet Skipjack wild tuna because there are no additives, oil, fillers, or harmful ingredients in this canned tuna. You can enjoy the healthy and tasty Skipjack tuna that has plenty of nutrients.
Each can of Wild Planet Skipjack wild tuna provides you with a great deal of Omega 3 and proteins. You can try this canned tuna for lunch or enjoy it as a snack after doing a hard workout.
All products of Wild Planet use the pole & line caught. This fishing method helps maintain natural fish populations and ocean habitats. Therefore, you can freely enjoy delicious fresh-from-the-sea Wild planet canned tuna without worrying.
- Great taste
- No unnecessary additives
- Provide you with the top nutrient that you need
- Rich source of protein and Omega 3
- Delicious flavor
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- No added water, oil or fillers
- It is tricky to open the can
- The smell is quite repellent
|Dimensions||3.4 x 1.5 x 10.5 inches|
12. Freshé Gourmet Canned Tuna Variety Pack
(Best for Travel)
The Freshé Gourmet canned tuna looks very attractive with the ready-to-go design. There are four flavors for you to choose: Thai Sriracha, Provence Nicoise, Aztec Ensalada, and Sicilian Caponata.
Each can contain a high level of protein and nutrients. Thanks to the pocket-size can, you can bring it along with you when you are on a long trip. And there is the secure pull-top lid so you can open it as simple as ABC.
This canned tuna comes with non-GMO ingredients, and the can is BPA-free so you can believe in the quality of this product. It’s worth buying a product that is both portable and nutritious. I am sure you will satisfy with this product.
- Portable size
- BPA-free can
- Ideal for travel
- A great source of protein
- Convenient pocket-size
- Various flavor options
- Easy to open
- Rich in vitamin and Omega 3
- Some flavors are not tasty
- Some people don’t like the smell of the product
|Flavor||Thai Sriracha, Provence Nicoise, Aztec Ensalada, and Sicilian Caponata|
|Calories/serving||260(Aztec Ensalada), 200(Provence Nicoise), 110(Sicilian Caponata), 240(Thai Sriracha)|
|Fat/serving||16g(Aztec Ensalada), 14g(Provence Nicoise), 5g(Sicilian Caponata), 9g(Thai Sriracha)|
|Protein/serving||14g(Aztec Ensalada), 11g(Provence Nicoise), 11g(Sicilian Caponata), 16g(Thai Sriracha)|
13. Kirkland Albacore Solid White Tuna in Water
The Kirkland Albacre solid white tuna in water provides you a considerable amount of protein, omega 3, and vitamins. There is ultimately no fat in this product so you can enjoy delicious tuna even if you are following a diet.
This canned tuna is worth the money you spend since there is a big chunk of tuna inside. One can of Kirkland Albacre solid white tuna is enough to feed two people. This canned tuna is truly an economical product.
Once you open the can, you can enjoy the sweet smell and superior taste of fresh tuna. This canned tuna tastes the best to go with sandwiches, salads,... Let’s purchase it right away to enjoy the fascinating taste of fresh tuna!
- No fat
- A large amount of tuna
- High in protein
- Exceptional taste
- Sweet smell
- Easy to store
- You need to have a can opener to open it
14. Adriatic Sardina Canned Tuna Fillets in Olive Oil
The Adriatic Sardina canned tuna has a perfect taste with high-quality olive oil. That’s why many people love it right after the first time they have tried. This canned tuna is supplied from the Adriatic Sea.
This region is famous for bringing the freshest and healthiest tuna. Therefore, this canned tuna has such a unique taste. You can enjoy it with salads, sandwiches, casserole... It’s great to enjoy it right in the can.
This canned tuna is gluten-free and BPA-free, so it is entirely safe to eat. In every single can of Adriatic Sardina canned tuna, there is a rich source of omega 3 and protein. And the most significant feature is the pull-top lid. Whenever you are hungry, you can open the can quickly and enjoy mouthwatering tuna.
- Exceptional taste
- Easy to open with pull-top lid
- Delicious flavor
- Providing omega 3 and protein
- BPA-free can
- Top-quality olive oil
- This canned tuna is quite oily
15. Raincoast Trading Solid White Albacore Tuna
The Raincoast trading solid white albacore tuna is packed in natural fish oils to give you the rich and dense flavor. This canned tuna also provides you with extra nutrients that you can’t find in other brands.
Whether you need a canned tuna for your diet or your health, the Raincoast trading solid white albacore tuna can be an ideal choice because it is packed with low fat, no carbohydrates, and low sodium.
On the other hand, there is an excellent amount of protein that is great for your muscles. Let’s pick up the Raincoast trading solid white albacore tuna to enjoy the wonderful flavor and pleasant aroma.
- BPA-free cans
- No added water or oil
- High in Omega 3 fatty acids
- High in selenium
- Rich and dense flavor
- Nice aroma
- Tasty and healthy
- Packed in natural fish oil
- This is an expensive canned tuna
How to Enhance Your Meals With Canned Tuna?
There are different types of canned tuna, which one will go best with your recipe? You should keep some tips below in meal to quickly prepare your meal.
- As you know, Solid White Albacore Tuna has a firm and steaky structure. Therefore, you can enjoy only Solid White Albacore Tuna itself or mix with some salad recipes.
- Chunk White Albacore Tuna is ideal for salads, sandwiches, and pasta because it is packed with smaller chunks.
- Chunk Light Tuna works best in any recipes that texture is not an essential factor. It is ideal for casserole and sauces.
There are many factors you should take into account when you choose the best canned tuna. Please go through these factors so that you can spend your money on the right product.
Not only is the quality of the tuna is essential, but the material of the can also needs your consideration. Some cans are made of BPA material, which is harmful to your health. Therefore, you should read carefully on the label of the canned tuna and find the letters “BPA-free”.
You should avoid using the can that is dented, discolored, cracked, bulged,... And you should remember to store the can at the cool and dry place to maintain the quality of the can.
There are many flavors of canned tuna. However, there are two primary flavors: water and olive oil. Canned tuna in water has a milder flavor than canned tuna in olive oil. However, canned tuna in water usually contains vegetable broth or soy.
Moreover, canned tuna in water also has a higher level of added salt. Therefore, this type is not suitable for people with high blood pressure or people who are on a low-sodium diet. Canned tuna in olive oil provides you with more healthy fats, but it has more calories than other types.
It is said that canned tuna has a high mercury level that is not good for health. But it isn’t true. Most high-quality canned tunas are wild-caught, and the producers check the mercury level of each fish carefully. Moreover, wild-caught tuna has a lower mercury level than farmed tuna.
You can totally trust canned tuna and feel free to add it to our diet. The price of high-quality canned tuna can be high, but it is worth investing. So feel free to invest in the product that has a low mercury level.
I am too excited to answer the most frequently asked questions on the market. You shouldn’t miss these answers if you want to find the best canned tuna.
My Top Pick
My choice is Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna because it provides a great deal of protein and vitamin D. The taste of it is incredible. I can mix with many recipes like salads, sandwiches,... enjoying it right in the can is also a great experience.
Which is the best canned tuna for you? Have you ever tried any of the 15 best canned tuna? How do you feel? Are there any other canned tuna you want to recommend? If you have anything to share, feel free to tell me in the comment.