You are becoming more and more health-conscious and realize that eating diet affects profoundly on your health in the long run.
You are determined to find healthy products to replace the old ones in the kitchen, which leads to choosing good chia seeds for the whole family.
So I’m here to help you find the best chia seeds for daily use.
- What Are Chia Seeds?
- Chia Seeds Nutrition
- The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- What Are The Best Chia Seeds?
- Chia Seeds Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Chia Seeds Reviews
- 1. Viva Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds
- 2. Healthworks Chia Seeds Raw
- 3. Terrasoul Superfoods Organic White Chia Seeds
- 4. BetterBody Foods Organic Chia Seeds
- 5. Anthony’s Organic Black Chia Seeds
- 6. Navitas Organics Chia Seeds
- 7. Nutiva Organic, Premium Black Chia Seeds
- 8. Kiva Organic Chia Seeds
- 9. Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds
- 10. Spectrum Essentials Chia Seeds
- 11. NOW Foods White Chia Seeds
- 12. Barleans Organic Chia Seed
- 13. Garden of Life Organic Chia Seeds
- 14. Mamma Chia Squeeze Vitality Snack, Blackberry Bliss
- 15. KIND Healthy Grains Maple Quinoa Clusters with Chia Seeds
- Buying Guide
- My Top Pick
What Are Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds have been around for a long time; the origin of chia seeds was from South America in 3500 BC. First discovered by Mayans and Aztecs; they had found the amazing health benefits of chia seeds . Therefore, chia seeds have been included in their daily meals as a supplement to their foods.
Chia seeds have the scientific name of Salvia Hispaniola of the Lamiaceae type, the same kind of herbs used to make spices such as basil, mint. Chia seeds have tiny shapes that look like sesame seeds or basil seeds.
Chia seeds are also potentially rich sources of antioxidants. The small, almost flavorless seeds can be used in a variety of ways, including mixed in smoothies, added to granola or oatmeal, or soaked in milk to create puddings.
Chia Seeds Nutrition
Rich in antioxidants, fiber, protein, and a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids are all good reasons to add chia seeds to daily meals.
Each serving also provides essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous needed for heart health and nervous system function, as well as maintain bone density and overall health.
Each 28 gram serving of chia seeds contains:
- Calories: 138 calories
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (includes 5 grams of Omegas)
- Calcium: 177 mg
- Potassium: 44.8 mg
- Sodium: 5.3 mg
- Phosphorus: 265 mg
- Zinc: 1 mg
- Manganese: 0.6 mg
- Copper: 0.1 mg
The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds contain many nutrients that are good for the body, such as phosphorus, calcium, fat, protein, fiber, magnesium, omega 3, omega 6, protein, lots of minerals and vitamins.
Chia seeds contain:
More Omega-3 fatty acids than walnuts.
Omega fatty acids are eight times higher than salmon.
Antioxidants equal to blueberries.
High-quality protein source without cholesterol
Fiber is 3.5 times more than fiber in oats.
More calcium than milk.
Therefore, chia seeds bring many health benefits as follows:
- Chia seeds support effective weight loss
- Good support for the digestive system
- Supporting the treatment of diverticulitis
- Chia seeds are good for the heart
- Helps strengthen bones, prevent osteoporosis
- Supporting the treatment of diabetes
- Slows down the aging process, helps the skin to be healthy
- Good source of Omega 3
- Supplementing minerals for the body
- Providing power, helping to increase endurance
- Very good for pregnant women
- Suitable for vegetarians
What Are The Best Chia Seeds?
In this list, I highlight some best chia seeds and their particular characteristics. Let’s go through these products before deciding.
- Best Overall - Viva Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds
“Totally diet-friendly. You can add these neutral-tasting seeds to pretty much anything. It can preserve the original flavor of your foods.”
- Best Budget - Healthworks Chia Seeds Raw
“There are about 189 servings for you to use daily in 6 months, which makes it the most affordable raw chia seeds in the market.”
- Best Quality Chia Seeds - Terrasoul Superfoods Organic White Chia Seeds
“These white chia seeds are lab tested and are carefully checked for quality and cleanliness before packaging by quality team. It has also achieved Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification with an excellent rating.”
- Best Chia Seeds for Vegan - BetterBody Foods Organic Chia Seeds
“Owing to its high omega content (higher amount than most of popular chia seeds), these chia seeds can become an ideal source of nutrients supporting your diets.”
- Best Chia Seeds for Pudding - Navitas Organics Chia Seeds
“Thicker, healthier, better oatmeals pudding with just a few tablespoons of chia seeds.”
- Best for Constipation - Nutiva Organic, Premium Black Chia Seeds
“You can add these seeds to any foods you crave and no longer concern about recommended daily intake of fiber.”
- Best Organic Chia Seeds - Kiva Organic Chia Seeds
“…low-temperature and minimally processed to preserve its original nutrients and flavor.”
- Best for Smoothies - Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds
“Blend well with all kinds of fresh fruits and bring delicious thickness to your bowls of smoothies.”
- Best for Health - NOW Foods White Chia Seeds
“NOW Foods White Chia Seeds are nutrient-dense supplementary foods that help you to replenish your energy soon.”
- Best Chia Seeds for Weight Loss - Barleans Organic Chia Seed
“Fiber-rich chia seeds can help you prolong the feeling of fullness and dispel food cravings.”
- Best for Energy Boost - Mamma Chia Squeeze Vitality Snack, Blackberry Bliss
On-the-go chia seeds make you ready before and after any yoga or gym session.”
- Best Taste Chia Seeds - KIND Healthy Grains Maple Quinoa Clusters with Chia Seeds
“These tasty and less sweet grain clusters are convenient and healthy snack for daily use.”
Chia Seeds Comparison Chart
Before going into the reviews of each chia seeds products I have selected for this article, it’s important to notice the difference between them.
|Viva Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds - Best Overall||Omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein, iron||2 pounds||QAI Certified Organic, Non-GMO Certified, Gluten-Free||Product of Mexico/Argentina/ Paraguay|
|Healthworks Chia Seeds Raw - Best Budget||Omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium||6 pounds||Organic, Non-GMO||Mexico or South America|
|Terrasoul Superfoods Organic White Chia Seeds - Best Quality Chia Seeds||Omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium||1 pound||USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Earth Kosher, Gluten-free, Vegan||Paraguay/Mexico/Bolivia|
|BetterBody Foods Organic Chia Seeds - Best Chia Seeds for Vegan||High omega fatty acids, protein, calcium, iron, potassium||2 pounds||USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-free||Argentina/Paraguay/Mexico/Bolivia/Nicaragua/Peru|
|Anthony’s Organic Black Chia Seeds||Dietary fiber, omega fatty acids, protein, calcium, iron, potassium||2.5 pounds||USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Batch Tested||Latin America|
|Navitas Organics Chia Seeds - Best Chia Seeds for Pudding||Omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium||8 oz||Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher||Product of Mexico/Arghentina/ Paraguay|
|Nutiva Organic, Premium Black Chia Seeds - Best for Constipation||Omega fatty acids, polyunsaturated fats, dietary fiber, protein, potassium||2 pounds||USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Vegan||USA|
|Kiva Organic Chia Seeds - Best Organic Chia Seeds||Omega fatty acids, fiber, protein, essential minerals, antioxidants||1 pound||Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Vegan, Fairtrade||Argentina/Mexico|
|Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds - Best for Smoothies||Omega fatty acids, fiber, protein, saturated fat, polyunsaturated fats, monounsaturated fats, calcium, iron, potassium||4.5 pounds||Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Kosher||USA|
|Spectrum Essentials Chia Seeds||Omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium||12 oz||USDA Certified Organic, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Chemical-free, No preservatives||USA|
|NOW Foods White Chia Seeds - Best for Health||Omega fatty acids, dietary fiber||1 pound||USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Kosher, Halal, Low sodium||USA|
|Barleans Organic Chia Seed - Best for Weight Loss||Omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, protein and amino acids||12 oz||USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher||Product of North, South, Central America|
|Garden of Life Organic Chia Seeds - Best for Diabetes||Omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, polyunsaturated fat, protein||12 oz||USDA organic, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-free, grain-free||USA|
|Mamma Chia Squeeze Vitality Snack, Blackberry Bliss - Best for Energy Boost||Omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, protein, sodium, sugar, potassium||3.5 oz||USDA organic, Non-GMO verified, Gluten-free, Vegan||USA|
|KIND Healthy Grains Maple Quinoa Clusters with Chia Seeds - Best Taste Chia Seeds||Dietary fiber, protein, sodium, sugar||11 oz||Non-GMO verified, Gluten-free||USA|
Top 15 Best Chia Seeds Reviews
It’s time to look closely at 15 best chia seeds products that I have chosen. Here are the pros, cons, and my personal experience with each product. I hope to help you have more considerations before deciding to select your own chia seeds brand.
1. Viva Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds
If you want a quick, convenient, on-the-go and still super healthy food, you can try some chia seed recipes. Since I knew about these miracle seeds, I use them every morning to enhance my health.
Viva Naturals is a trusted wellness brand and one of my favorite organic brands in the market. Chia seeds from this company are hand-picked in Southern Mexico and South America, QAI certified organic, non-GMO Certified and gluten-free.
These chia seeds provide 4 grams of dietary fiber, 2 grams of protein, and 2,440 milligrams of omega fatty acids in each serving (one tablespoon), together with iron.
You can add these neutral-tasting seeds to pretty much anything. I often add them to my oatmeals, my smoothies, my Greek yogurt or on top of my salads. It can preserve the original flavor of your foods.
These seeds comes as a 2-pound resealable bag.
- Stored 2 pounds resealable bag
- Rich in fiber, protein and omega
- Gluten-free alternatives for eggs and flour when baking
- Easy to mix with other ingredients to make healthy foods and drinks
- QAI Certified Organic
- Non-GMO Certified
- 100% natural, free from additives
- Sometimes there are impurities among the seeds; and sometimes there are bugs
|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Dimension||4.5 x 4.5 x 10 inches|
|Type||Organic Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica)|
|Ideal for||Perfect addition to any modern-day diet|
Quick thoughts about Viva Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds:
2. Healthworks Chia Seeds Raw
According to nutrition facts label, these chia seeds provide 3 grams of dietary fiber, 2 grams of protein, 67mg of calcium, 1mg of iron, 87mg of potassium, 35mg of magnesium in each serving (one tablespoon).
There are about 189 servings for you to use daily in 6 months, which makes it the most affordable raw chia seeds in the market.
The company also gives customers an easy recipe to try for those who are new to chia seeds. And you could ask for a full refund or replacement within 30 days if you are not completely satisfied with the products.
Due to its neutral-tasting flavor, you can add these super healthy seeds to morning shakes, fruit smoothies, soups or sprinkle on oatmeal, yogurt and salads.
- Tasteless flavor
- Packed with calcium, magnesium & iron
- Full refund or replacement within 30 days
- Suitable for vegan, Paleo, low-carb, raw diet
- Free of additives and harmful ingredients
- Problems with packaging products
|Item Weight||6 pounds|
|Type||Raw chia seeds|
|Ideal For||smoothies, shakes, juices, oatmeal, cereals, yogurt, baked goods, protein cookies, salads, stir-fries, peanut-butter, bread, pies, trail mix, granola bars, fresh fruit like apples or blackberries, desserts and snack foods|
Learn how to make matcha chia pudding with Healthworks:
3. Terrasoul Superfoods Organic White Chia Seeds
(Best Quality Chia Seeds)
These white chia seeds are lab tested and are carefully checked for quality and cleanliness before packaging by quality team. It has also achieved Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification with an excellent rating.
Terrasoul Chia Seeds is rich in nutrients and can mix well with any modern diets like Keto, low-carb, Paleo, vegan or raw diet.
They are flavorless so it’s ideal when adding to any foods you like without affecting overall taste. When soaked in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes, the chia seeds slowly expand and become jellylike liquid. You can add it to wheat flour instead of eggs when baking.
Moreover, they are white chia seeds so they won’t show between your teeth.
- Family-owned business
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee
- Rich in nutrients
- Third-party lab test about quality and cleanliness
- USDA Certified Organic
- Earth Kosher
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Dimension||9 x 3 x 6 inches|
|Type||Organic white chia seeds|
|Ideal for||Adding in healthy diet foods|
Prepare your breakfast the day before with Superfood Overnight Chia Oats recipe:
4. BetterBody Foods Organic Chia Seeds
(Best Chia Seeds for Vegan)
If you are looking for healthy chia seeds for daily use, BetterBody Foods Organic Chia Seeds is all you need.
Owing to their high omega content (higher amount than most of popular chia seeds), you can add these chia seeds to your diets as an ideal source of nutrients. They are also gluten-free, nut-free, low-carb, non-GMO so you can add them to any foods, especially vegan foods.
BetterBody Foods is a trusted brand so you can believe that its ingredients are 100% organic without any artificial additives.
These chia seeds have no distinctive flavor and mix well with other ingredients to create gelatinous texture.
Instead of soaking them in warm water, you could sprinkle them on top of salads, pudding, oatmeals.
- High omega content up to 5350mg per serving
- Contain a good amount of minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium
- Tasteless flavor
- USDA Certified Organic
- There are bugs in the container when first opening
|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Dimension||4.3 x 3.2 x 2 inches|
|Type||Raw, Organic Chia Seeds|
|Ideal for||Add chia to salads, yogurt, smoothies and baked goods, or use as a thickener to give a nutrition boost to any recipe.|
More things you can do with Betterbody Chia seeds:
5. Anthony’s Organic Black Chia Seeds
These are wonderful quality chia seeds which are made from selected whole chia seeds imported from Argentina/Paraguay/Mexico/Bolivia/Nicaragua/Peru, packed in California.
As you know, chia seeds are grown in South America always have higher nutrient content because they prefer a location providing full sun and has well-drained soil.
Anthony’s Organic Black Chia Seeds are great source of omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein and minerals. This product has 3 grams of dietary fiber, 3 grams of protein, 75 mg of calcium, 0.8 mg of iron, 85 mg of potassium in one serving.
They are USDA Certified organic black chia seeds (by the US Department of Agriculture); they are also batch-tested and verified gluten-free seeds.
You can make lots of healthy foods from these chia seeds. There are some simple and yummy recipes on the company's website for reference.
- Selected seeds from Latin America
- Packed in California
- Trusted brand
- Fresh and clean
- Rich in nutrients
- USDA Certified organic black chia seeds
- Batch-tested and verified gluten-free
- The bag is too small
|Item Weight||3.8 pounds|
|Dimension||5.8 x 3 x 8.5 inches|
|Type||Toasted chia seeds|
|Ideal for||Your favorite smoothies, sprinkle them on salads, oatmeal or juices|
(Best Chia Seeds for Pudding)
These organic chia seeds are packed in BPA free, sealable bags. They can be used to:
- Blend: Overnight oatmeals and morning shakes will become thicker and healthier when adding chia seeds.
- Top: Sprinkle them on top of your favorite foods and enjoy, for example, pumpkin soup or green salads.
- Stir: Chia seeds will quickly form a gel when mixing with liquid. After that, you can use it to stir with wheat flour and other ingredients to make a cake. Eggs are no longer needed, especially when you’re in a vegan diet.
They are 100% organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, kosher and contain 2254mg of omega fatty acids per serving.
- Source of omega fatty acids and fiber
- Versatile seeds
- USDA Organic
- Certified B Corp
- Some don’t like its light taste
|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Dimension||8.5 x 5.7 x 2 inches|
|Type||Certified organic chia seed|
|Ideal for||Adding to foods and drinks|
Let’s try coconut chia pudding with Navitas:
(Best for Constipation)
These chia seeds are excellent for digestion. Nutiva chia seeds product contains 5 grams of dietary fiber (more than amount of other brands), 60mg of potassium in one serving ( about one tablespoon of seeds), not to mention other omega fatty acids and minerals.
It’s organic, gluten-free and absolutely vegan. You can incorporate it into your daily diet without any concern about affecting overall results.
They are high-quality seeds; and are said to be full of antioxidants, 100% raw chia seeds with no preservatives.
These seeds also contain a good amount of polyunsaturated fats which help reduce bad cholesterol levels in your blood and bring benefits to your heart health.
One reason we should buy from this brand is that they commit 1% of sales will go to sustainable agriculture.
- Nutrients packed with more amount of fiber than other brands
- Tasteless flavor
- Has polyunsaturated fats
- USDA certified organic
- Best add in vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- Versatile seeds
- BPA-free package
- Some think that the flavor of this oil is not strong and nutty enough compared to several chia seeds brands in the market
|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Dimension||6.7 x 5.9 x 2.9 inches|
|Type||Raw chia seeds|
|Ideal for||Making healthy foods especially when you are on a diet|
Some recipes for Nutiva Chia Seeds:
8. Kiva Organic Chia Seeds
(Best Organic Chia Seeds)
If you have never used chia seeds before and want to find out if it suits you, this is a great option because Kiva allows you to buy a small amount of only 1 pound to try. Kiva raw organic chia seeds are low-temperature and minimally processed to preserve its original nutrients and flavor.
These chia seeds are a great natural source of nutrients for your health. They are gluten-free, additive-free and totally vegan; so you don’t have to worry about any harm to your metabolism as well as affect your diets.
The neutral-tasting flavor makes it an ideal ingredient for your meals and snacks.
They also mix well with oats, fruits, yogurt because when soaking them in warm water, they will become gel-like liquid, which is very easy to blend with others.
- A releasable bag of 1 pound
- 100% Organic chia seeds (Premium Grade, TRIPLE Cleaned)
- Minimally processed chia seeds
- USDA certified organic
- Fair Trade
- Mix well with most modern diets
- Find stones together with chia seeds when using
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Type||Organic chia seed|
|Ideal for||Using along with your meals and snacks|
9. Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds
(Best for Smoothies)
One tablespoon of Bob’s Red Mill Chia seeds provides 20% of recommended daily intake of fiber and 10% of calcium and iron as well as a good amount of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids.
These seeds come in a bag with a capacity of 12 oz and have a crunchy, fresh taste.
It’s suitable for all types of diets such as Paleo, Keto, raw, vegan, gluten-free. You can sprinkle them on smoothies, salad, yogurt or add them to porridge and soup to create healthy dishes.
If you are a fan of baking or DIY fruit jam, you might need to have one in your kitchen, especially when you’re vegan pursuer. Soak chia seeds in water in a ratio of 1: 6, you will have a delicious gel substitute for eggs.
- Full of nutrients which are essential to our health
- A trusted company with consistent quality
- Good packaging
- USDA certified organic
- Some people claim that they receive poor quality brown chia seeds instead of white or black chia seeds
|Item Weight||4.5 pounds|
|Dimension||9.5 x 5.2 x 8.2 inches|
|Brand||Bob’s Red Mill|
|Type||Organic Whole Chia Seeds|
|Ideal for||Use in puddings, smoothies, sprinkled on top of porridge and salads, in jams, or add to baked goods.|
Lemon Chia Fresca is vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free and wheat-free. Let’s see how to do it:
10. Spectrum Essentials Chia Seeds
Spectrum Essential is a well-known brand in dietary supplements market. Their products are committed to organic, non-GMO ingredients and its chemical-free extraction of oils.
Chia seeds have long been used as a supplementary food by Aztecs and Mayan because these seeds deliver a lot of health benefits and energy. They contain a high amount of omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, and they are higher in antioxidant activity than blueberries.
You can use them to make smoothies or pudding or directly use it with warm water.
Either way, these flavorless chia seeds will improve your overall health significantly if you have them daily.
These chia seeds should be stored in the refrigerator to extend shelf life.
- Trusted brand
- Versatile seeds
- Packed with plentiful of nutrients
- USDA certified organic
- No preservatives
|Item Weight||12.6 ounces|
|Dimension||8.5 x 6.4 x 2.6 inches|
|Type||Whole chia seeds|
|Ideal for||Adding to your favorite foods|
11. NOW Foods White Chia Seeds
(Best for Health)
NOW Foods White Chia Seeds are nutrient-dense supplementary foods that provide 4g of Omega-3 fatty acids, 1.6g of Omega-6 fatty acids and 7g of dietary fiber per serving.
If you're in the midst of wanting to replenish your energy but are busy not having much time to cook, consider this a suggestion to add to your daily diet.
Assuming you are very lazy to eat vegetables that lead to fiber deficiency, just two tablespoons of chia seeds a day can make up for that.
You can make a lot of delicious dishes with these tiny but mighty seeds. I often mix them with my salad dressing and sprinkle them on top of my favorite foods. They go well with almost everything in my kitchen.
Moreover, these seeds are organic, non-GMO, gluten-free and diet-friendly.
- 4g of Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Alpha Linolenic Acid)
- 1.6 g of Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Linoleic Acid)
- 7g of dietary fiber per serving
- Family-owned company
- Soy Free, Sugar Free
- Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free Facility
- Low Sodium
- GMP Quality Assured
- Some twigs are found in the bag
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Dimension||2 x 4.8 x 8.5 inches|
|Type||White chia seeds|
|Ideal for||Mix with daily diets for better health improvement|
Organic Peppermint Chia Pudding Recipe by NOW Foods:
12. Barleans Organic Chia Seed
(Best for Weight Loss)
Adding chia seeds to your weight loss diet is a good idea to help you feel full quickly and avoid dehydration. Chia seeds can absorb water and expand many times their weights. That’s why two tablespoons of seeds can add way a lot volume to your foods or smoothies.
Barleans Organic Chia Seed are also loaded with plant-based Omega-3, antioxidants, fiber protein and all essential amino acids. You will have a good source of nutrients when on a diet.
Owing to their mild taste, they can be used for multiple purposes: cooking, baking, or even skincare.
Incorporate them to your diets to get the better result you wish for.
- Used as a natural appetite suppressant and hydration aid
- Go well with many diets
- Packed with nutrients
- Gluten-free, grain-free
- Some customers claim that their seeds had been spoiled and had unpleasant smell when opening
|Item Weight||12 ounces|
|Dimension||3 x 5 x 6 inches|
|Type||Organic Chia seeds|
|Ideal for||Adding to protein shake, yogurt, salads, soup|
More information about this product here:
13. Garden of Life Organic Chia Seeds
(Best for Diabetes)
Garden of Life Organic chia seeds has a mild and nutty flavor, so you can add it to many dishes without affecting the overall taste.
These chia seeds also help reduce the risk of diabetes as well as might help people with diabetes stabilize blood sugar.
It’s suitable for smoothies, protein shake, yogurt, soup, oatmeals or whatever foods you are fond of.
This product contains 4g of omega-3 fatty acids, 1g of omega-6 fatty acids, 5g of dietary fiber and 3g of plant protein per serving.
It has no artificial sweetener, flavors, colors or chemicals.
- Mild and nutty flavor
- Suitable for making smoothies, protein shake, yogurt, soup, oatmeals
- Contain omega fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants and some minerals.
- Gluten- free
- Certified USDA Organic
- Plastic container is not BPA free
|Item Weight||11.2 ounces|
|Dimension||6.5 x 7.5 x 6.5 inches|
|Brand||Garden of Life|
|Type||Organic chia seeds|
|Ideal for||Superfood for Healthy Cholesterol and Blood Sugar|
14. Mamma Chia Squeeze Vitality Snack, Blackberry Bliss
(Best for Energy Boost)
If you're lazy soaking chia seeds in water before use but still want to get health benefits from them, then this is the product you will buy as soon as you see it.
This chia seed squeeze has a blackberry flavor which is very tasty to drink. It’s a delicious and healthy combination of organic chia, fruits and vegetables.
Each squeeze contains 1200 milligrams of Omega-3s, protein, antioxidants and more.
It’s USDA organic, gluten-free, vegan and also non-GMO. This product has no sugar and no sweetener, so it can be safely used without affecting health and weight.
Each case of Mamma Chia contains 8-pack of 3.5 ounce chia squeezes.
It has only 70 calories per squeeze.
- 3.5 fl. oz bag
- Blackberry flavor
- No sugar added
- Only 70 calories
- USDA organic
- Non-GMO verified
- Non-recyclable containers
- Some items went bad
|Item Weight||1.75 pounds|
|Dimension||6.3 x 5.1 x 5.9 inches|
|Type||Organic chia, fruits and vegetables squeeze|
|Ideal for||On the go chia seeds|
Review about this chia squeeze:
15. KIND Healthy Grains Maple Quinoa Clusters with Chia Seeds
(Best Taste Chia Seeds)
These healthy grains maple quinoa clusters with chia seeds are rich in flavor and taste delicious. I can add it to my diet food conveniently and make dishes more crunchy, attractive and more healthy.
It is made from whole grains (oats, brown rice, millet, amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa), maple syrup and chia seeds. It has no hydrogenated oils or trans fats.
What I like about this product is that it is not as sweet as many others. I have to say it is hard to find a tasty but less sweet grain cluster so I am happy to find it.
It’s gluten-free and non-GMO.
You can use it as snacks or feel free to sprinkle it to your yogurt and smoothies.
- Whole grains, maple syrup and chia seeds
- No hydrogenated oils or trans fats
- Comes in a transparent package
- Nice and delicious flavor
- Less sugar
- Low glycemic index
|Item Weight||10.4 ounces|
|Dimension||6.8 x 2.2 x 10 inches|
|Type||Whole Grains and Chia Seeds|
Find out more about this healthy snack:
As you know, there are many options out there for you to choose from. To save time and energy, I write down some useful directions when choosing best chia seeds as below.
- When it comes to checking the quality of chia seeds, you should choose black and white chia seeds, not brown seeds because they are less nutritious than the black and white ones.
- You should buy pure and whole chia seeds instead of ground ones to make sure they won’t contain any unnatural additives. Moreover, nutrition is preserved better in whole seeds.
- Chia seeds which are originated from South America usually have high nutrient content.
- Check the nutrition facts label carefully before deciding to buy. Although each serving of chia seeds provides quite the same amount of nutrients, it will be a little different for each product. To find the best chia seeds, you can check this section for more information.
- Some will prefer organic, Non-GMO, gluten-free products. Ask the sellers to provide more details if you want.
Side effects of chia seeds you may not know
Besides the many benefits from chia seeds, the undesirable effects of these seeds are also mentioned.
- Lower blood pressure: Due to the high source of Omega fatty acids in chia seeds, they actually make your blood thinner and cause dizziness.
- Allergies: Some people who are not suitable to consume chia seeds, will experience symptoms such as difficulty breathing, vomiting, diarrhea…
- Digestive disorders: The high fiber content of chia seeds can cause problems such as abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea.
In special cases such as hypersensitivity or certain illnesses related to digestion, blood pressure, you should consult your doctor for proper use.
Chia seeds bring a lot of health benefits to your dishes that you can enjoy throughout the day. You might have some questions before making it your daily intake.
My Top Pick
We have just spent some time gathering information about best chia seeds. Above is what I collect during my research. I hope it will be helpful for you to find your favorite chia seeds brand and get a lot of health benefits from it.
And my choice is Viva Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds for its nutrient-dense content and versatility.
What about you? You are welcome to share your experiences with chia seeds for better health.