A commercial deep fryer is a kitchen appliance created to fry large quantities of cooking oil, whatever type it may be, for deep frying large quantities of foods.
The size of these machines varies depending on each product, but there is no end to the foods that can be fried using them. The long list ranges from french fries to chicken, mozzarella, and many more others.
These massive machines are most commonly used in restaurants and commercial kitchens. Purchasing a commercial deep fryer is the rave, whether you own a startup food business or one that is already well-established.
These machines not only shorten the time spent on cooking, but they also increase the quality of your products.
Now, going on a search for the perfect machine to buy may become just a tad bit stressful, most especially when you are new to the business. However, reading detailed reviews like mine will surely do you a lot of good.
Contained in this article is a list of the ten best commercial deep fryers on the market. You will find that these products are perhaps some of the most popular as you start your search.
My review will give you detailed information about each of the ten products I have chosen. I have also included a few helpful tips as well as answers for some of the most popular questions asked when seeking to buy commercial deep fryers. Enjoy!
- What Commercial Deep Fryer is The Best For You?
- Commercial Deep Fryer Comparison Chart 2020
- Best Commercial Deep Fryers Reviews 2020
- 1. Mega Brand Commercial Deep Fryer
- 2. Empura Countertop 208V Commercial Deep Fryer
- 3. Generic 20L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer
- 4. Sky Enterprise 2500 Watt Commercial Deep Fryer
- 5. Bayou Classic 700-701 Commercial Deep Fryer
- 6. Pitco C+S 40D Commercial Deep Fryer
- 7. Bioexcel Two-Tank Commercial Deep Fryer
- 8. Waring Commercial WDF75RC Deep Fryer
- 9. YESCOM 2500W 6L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer
- 10. OrangeA 20L Electric Countertop Commercial Deep Fryer
- Essential Factors
- My Top Pick
What Commercial Deep Fryer is The Best For You?
Below is the list of commercial deep fryers I have used and thus recommend. Like above, each of these is tagged with its most attractive feature.
- Best for Beginners: Mega Brand Commercial Deep Fryer
Are you new to the food business and not particularly ready to incur too many expenses? Try getting a frying unit like the Mega Brand 26Fru Fryer that is sufficient for a startup food business and yet comes cheap.
- Best Fastest: Empura Countertop 208V Commercial Deep Fryer
The Empura Countertop 208V Fryer is one of the most alluring products on the market because, no matter the quantity of food you prepare, it gets it done at breakneck speed!
- Best Tank Capacity: Generic 20L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer
With this Generic Deep Fryer product, you can prepare a lot of food in just one go! This stainless steel product can hold 20L of oil at once and is yet affordable!
- Best Budget: Sky Enterprise 2500 Watt Commercial Deep Fryer
The Sky Enterprise Commercial Deep Fryer is perfect for when you are on a low budget. This product may not afford you the best aesthetics, but it functions quite well and lasts longer with proper maintenance.
- Best Long-Lasting: Bayou Classic 700-701 Commercial Deep Fryer
This fryer comes with a lot of attractive features, but one of the most appealing is its longevity. The Bayou 700-701 is built atop a highly durable frame made of welded tubing that ensures that it stays in tip-top shape over a long time of usage.
- Best Premium: Pitco C+S 40D Commercial Deep Fryer
If you only desire premium quality, then this Pitco Deep Fryer is my recommendation! This model is perfect for use regardless of your business type. It provides excellent aesthetics, comfort, durability, and great function, but yeah, it is very pricey!
- Best for Outdoor: Bioexcel Two-tank Commercial Deep Fryer
The Bioexcel Taco Cart is my best pick for people seeking a deep fryer that would be perfect for outdoor use. Whether it is for a food cart or just a little picnic party, this standalone cooking unit is a perfect fit.
- Best for High-End Recipes: Waring Commercial WDF75RC Deep Fryer
I recommend the Waring WDF75 Deep Fryer for people seeking to find a fryer that will help perfect tasteful cuisines. Its power and thermostat top the list giving it the attribute of being perfect for just about any recipe!
- Best for Home and Industry: YESCOM 2500W 6L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer
The size of this fryer is 11 by 17 ¼ by 12 inches, and it has one single basket making it a perfect fit for use in homes as well as food institutions.
- Best All-Rounder: OrangeA 20L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer
This OrangeA deep fryer is my choice for an all-rounder product on the market. It is a dual tanks unit and comes with many attractive features like durability, being compact enough for use at home, and many others.
Commercial Deep Fryer Comparison Chart 2020
First off, here is a comparison chart of my top ten picks. The chart will give you a summary of the product specifications as well as outline their most attractive features, thus helping to quicken your search.
|Product||Tank Capacity||Unit Type (Dual/Single)|
|Mega Brand Commercial Deep Fryer - Best for Beginners||12L||Dual (removable) tanks|
|Empura Countertop 208V Commercial Deep Fryer - Best Fastest||6L||Single tank|
|Generic 20L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer - Best Tank Capacity||20L||Dual tanks|
|Sky Enterprise 2500 Watt Commercial Deep Fryer - Best Budget||5.5L||Dual (removable) tank|
|Bayou Classic Commercial 700-701 Deep Fryer - Best Long-Lasting||15L||Dual tanks|
|Pitco C+S 40D Commercial Deep Fryer - Best Premium||19L||Dual tanks|
|Bioexcel Taco Cart Outdoor Two-tank Deep Fryer - Best for Outdoor||Not available||Dual (removable) tank|
|Waring Commercial WDF75RC 120-volt Countertop Compact Electric Deep Fryer - Best for High-End Recipes||1L||Single tank|
|YESCOM 2500W 6L Electric Countertop Deep Fryer - Best for Home and Industry||6L||Single tank|
|OrangeA 20L Electric Countertop Commercial Deep Fryer - Best All-Rounder||20L||Dual tanks|
Best Commercial Deep Fryers Reviews 2020
1. Mega Brand Commercial Deep Fryer
(Best for Beginners)
The Mega Brand Commercial Fryer is my best pick for people who are new to the food business. This product is made of stainless steel and comes as a dual tank unit so that it makes food preparations more efficient.
I have particularly deemed this cooking unit one that is “easy and safe” to use by almost anyone (asides children!). The manufacturers have attached many safety features as the lid cover for the tanks that prevent oil splashes, as well as the plastic handles on these units.
This product is perfect for outdoor or indoor food businesses and comes at a reasonably affordable price. With this deep fryer, you are getting great value for your money.
For tips on how best to clean your dual unit fryer, watch this video.
- Made of heavy-duty stainless steel
- Wattage: 5000W
- Dual unit tank
- Plastic handle and lid covers protect users from heat
|Dimensions||22-3/4″ x 17-1/4″ x 12″|
|Tank capacity||12L (6L for each tank)|
|Special features||Dual frying unit, easy and safe to use, residue plates.|
- Comes with covers and plastic handles that ensure safety
- Dual unit
- Comes with residue plates to filter dregs of food
- It requires two circuits of 20 amps each or more
2. Empura Countertop 208V Commercial Deep Fryer
The Empura countertop deep fryer comes in two options; there is that which weighs 25 pounds and that of 50 pounds. There is nothing different between these varieties, but I specifically got that which weighs 25 pounds.
This fryer operates at 208 volts and thus works at breakneck speed. It maintains heat even after pouring in the food, thus getting them cooked in a shorter time when compared to other deep fryers.
It is also very durable and comes with helpful features like a front-mounted spigot that makes cleaning it very easy, a lid cover, and many more others. The sole limitation I found was that this product needs a lot of power.
So before buying, you have to make sure that your electrical wiring is sufficient for it. Watch this video for more information on this product.
- It is made of stainless steel
- Comes with a tap for easier draining
- Thermostat control switch ranges from 120° to 375°F
- Can cook about 25 pounds per hour
|Dimensions||22.2 x 14.5 x 19 inches|
|Special features||Faucet for drainage, heat-resistant handle|
- Safe to use
- Works very fast
- Efficiently maintains heat during use, so the oil never cools off
- The fryer requires a 20 amp, 240 volt supply
3. Generic 20L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer
(Best Tank Capacity)
When searching for a deep fryer, many make the volume of oil each product can contain a priority. Considering that these deep fryers are mainly for commercial purposes, that is quite understandable.
I recommend the Generic 20L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer if you are one such person. This unit can take 20L of oil in just one go, which means you can cook a massive quantity of food, whatever it may be!
Much like the first two products I mentioned above, this model is made of stainless steel. It features two tanks, thus allowing you to cook different foods at the same time and also ensure that there is no cross-mixing while cooking.
You can watch this video that details how to choose the perfect fryer.
- Stainless steel finish
- Takes 20L of oil
- Comes in dual units that are separately powered
- Additional safety features prevent kitchen accidents
- Voltage: 110V, 60HZ
- Wattage: 1500w
|Dimensions||22-1/2″ x 18″ x 13″|
|Special features||10L dual tanks that are separately powered|
- Can cook a lot of food (including whole poultry) at once
- Safe to use
- Easy to clean
- Fairly affordable
- Features a timer and drain
- Requires high wattage
4. Sky Enterprise 2500 Watt Commercial Deep Fryer
Are you on a tight budget? Are you kicking off business with a small food cart? Try the Sky Enterprise 2500 Watt Commercial Deep Fryer, which comes mighty cheap on online platforms like Amazon.
This deep fryer has the essential features of a commercial fryer. It can take up to 5.5L of oil at a go and is very durable when regularly cleaned and maintained.
Because of its relatively small size, it can also be used in homes. It comes with a removable frying tank that facilitates easy and quick cleaning. Watch this video for tips on how best to clean commercial deep fryers.
- Comes with a 5.5L frying tank (removable)
- The full package includes a steel fryer basket with plastic handle, lid cover, and residue plate.
- Automated temperature settings in case oil starts to cool off
|Dimensions||17.2 x 12.8 x 11 inches|
|Special features||Automatic temperature control|
- It is very affordable
- Can be used at home and in restaurants
- Removable tank eases cleaning
- Automated temperature controls maintain the heat of the oil while frying
- Small tank capacity (5.5L)
5. Bayou Classic 700-701 Commercial Deep Fryer
Next up is the Bayou Classic 700-701 fryer that promises excellent quality. While the product is usually recommended for use outdoors, what made it most alluring for me was its durability.
This stainless steel unit is thoughtfully built over a sturdy frame made of welded tubing, which promises to be long-lasting. The fryer has a height of about 38 inches, making it perfect for use in food stands, restaurants, or during outdoor parties.
Check this video for more information on operating a deep fryer.
- Comes with a stand that makes it suitable for use outdoors
- Features highly durable welded tubing
- V-bottom design helps prevent food from burning and sticking to the pan.
- Can hold four gallons of oil
|Dimensions||17.5 x 17.2 x 26 inches|
|Tank capacity||4 gallons (15L)|
|Special features||temperature gauge, drain valve, extension legs for use outdoors.|
- Highly durable
- The stand makes it perfect for use outdoors
- Large tank capacity
- V bottom design keeps the oil clean
6. Pitco C+S 40D Commercial Deep Fryer
The Pitco C+S Commercial Deep Fryer is an A-list product, which is why I labeled it the best premium on my list. When going on the market in search of a deep fryer, be prepared to encounter staggering cost prices.
The Pitco fryer, with its many attractive features, is, however, different. There are only praises for this deep fryer that is perhaps one of the most popular among restaurateurs.
It is durable and comes with tank capacities of varying sizes of 40, 50, and 80 pounds. I reviewed the 40 pounds; this beautiful machine is made of galvanized steel that promises durability, it is powered by gas, features a stainless steel tank, as well as a door and front.
Watch this video for tips on how to fry restaurant-worthy fries right in your home!
- Body made of galvanized steel
- Stainless steel frying tank
- Can hold about 19L of oil
- Features sleek restaurant design
|Special features||Body made of galvanized steel, large capacity tank|
- Beautiful design
- Highly durable thanks to rust-resistant features
- Large tank capacity
- Very expensive
7. Bioexcel Two-Tank Commercial Deep Fryer
(Best for Outdoor)
The Bioexcel Taco Cart Outdoor Two-tank Deep Fryer is a positive recommendation when it comes to cooking outdoors. It is a standalone unit that is powered by a single propane tank.
It is easy to set up; within mere minutes of obtaining this product, I assembled it and got to frying! The Bioexcel Fryer is also perfect for people who treasure comfort.
It is compact, which lessens the burden of moving it about. Considering the fact that the model comes with two different tanks, this is highly admirable. Watch this video for how best to set up your mobile taco.
- Stainless steel finish
- Dual tank fryers
- Powered by propane
- Best for use outdoors
- Varying temperature selection display
|Dimensions||12.2 x 26.2 x 18.5 inches|
|Tank capacity||Not available|
|Special features||Varying temperature selection display, powered by propane|
- The perfect deep fryer for use outdoors
- Durable if maintained properly
- Fairly affordable
- May be accompanied by industrial defects
8. Waring Commercial WDF75RC Deep Fryer
(Best for High-End Recipes)
The Waring Commercial WDF75RC Electric Deep Fryer can be used anywhere. It is highly recommended when it comes to foods that need to be fried at exact temperatures.
This is because this model features top-rated power and an accurate thermostat, which together allows you to cook to perfection. This is an admirable feat because not all fryers come with a thermostat and one that ensures finesse at that too!
Watch this video for a first-hand account of how this Waring deep fryer works.
- Countertop and compact deep fryer
- It is powered by electricity
- Features 30-minute timer and variable temperature control up to 390-degree Fahrenheit
- Comes with a hinged heating element
- Features ONE removable stainless steel tank
|Brand||Waring Commercial Inc.|
|Dimensions||12.2 x 16.5 x 11 inches|
|Special features||Accurate thermostat|
- Perfect for high-end cuisines
- It comes with one-year limited warranty
- Extremely small frying baskets
- Comes with no lid cover
9. YESCOM 2500W 6L Electric Commercial Deep Fryer
(Best for Home and Industry)
The YESCOM Countertop Deep Fryer is quite famous on the market thanks to its compact size and sleek design. It is my best pick for the deep fryer that can be used at home as well as in commercial settings.
It heats up pretty quickly and gets the job done in just a few minutes. It is no wonder that it is especially commonly used in large family homes; it fries foods like chicken wings, whole or cut chicken, dumplings, mozzarella sticks, and many others so that they are like that from top restaurants.
Watch this video for more information about this product.
- Countertop Fryer with steel finish
- Comes with a thermostat
- The package features one lid cover, one basket, and the cooking unit.
- Safe to use
|Dimensions||11 x 17.2 x 12 inches|
|Special feature(s)||Compact size|
- Very cheap
- Lid cover prevents accident caused by hot oil splashing on user
- Compact for use at home and in restaurants
- Razor-sharp corners
- Dim temperature and power LED lights
10. OrangeA 20L Electric Countertop Commercial Deep Fryer
This OrangeA earns the all-rounder label; it offers durability, is inexpensive, is a dual-tank unit, and is yet compact enough to be used in homes!
The model features a sleek stainless steel finish that is sure to leave your kitchen looking high-end. For me, the best feature of the OrangeA fryer is the individuality of its tanks.
Each tank has its own plugs and timer so that they can be plugged in differently and used at separate times. This ensures longevity!
One other way to keep your deep fryer long-lasting is using clean oil for cooking at all times. For tips on how to extend oil fry life, watch this short video.
- Dual tank frying units
- Powered by electricity
- Each tank owns a separate power plug plugged in and heated individually
- Can be used in residences or restaurants
- Features dual timers
|Dimensions||24.4 x 22.1 x 15.8 inches|
|Special features||Individually-operated frying tanks|
- Comes with many attractive features
- Safe to use
- Fairly affordable
- May come with manufacturing defects
Deep fryers are a vital part of a restaurant’s kitchen. Whether it is for simple foods like french fries and onion rings or it is for much more complicated recipes like whole fried chicken, the importance of these machines cannot be overemphasized.
There are, however, a large variety of deep fryers on the market, so it is important to note these few factors before starting your search.
1. Your Budget:
This is perhaps the most crucial part when you start shopping for just about anything because it determines what your final options are. If you haven’t drawn one, do so immediately! While it may seem a bit limiting, it is much more important that you streamline your options because trust me, you’ll find many deep fryers on sale!
2. Tank Capacity:
Before you start your search, make a list of the things you plan to use a deep fryer for, the kinds of foods you plan to fry, and, thus, the frying tank size that would perfectly fit your needs.
3. Size of the Machine:
It may not seem that important when compared to the size of the frying tank, but it really is! Before making a final purchase, make sure the dimensions are those that easily fit in your kitchen. Large machines may take too much space and subsequently reduce efficiency.
4. The Quantity of Food:
The amount of food you plan to use your deep fryer for is just as significant as considering the size of the machine! The workload will help you determine the tank capacity that will be the best fit for your kitchen.
5. Mode of Power:
From my review, you will note that there are different types of deep fryers, each with their own mode of power. Some are powered by electricity or gas so you are left to determine the option that is best for you depending on your kitchen.
Even after going through numerous reviews and buying guides, you may have questions that remain unanswered. Therefore, I took the time out to answer a few mind-boggling questions that plague buyers interested in commercial deep fryers.
My Top Pick
Every deep fryer that made it on my list has attractive features, so you are left with making a final choice of which unit to go for. As for me, that is the OrangeA Dual Tank Deep Fryer.
Like I mentioned above, this fryer is an all-rounder and even better comes at a very low price. I had no regret buying this product, and I’m sure you will have none too!