One of the best ways to cook your meat is to smoke it. When you smoke your meat, the food will get an authentic, smoky flavor that can't be properly replicated in a typical grill.
However, it can take quite a lot of time to prepare everything just to smoke some meat. In this hustle and bustle life, who can afford the time to set up everything just to smoke some food?
If you happen to love the taste of smoked meats but don't have the time to set up a traditional charcoal smoker. Then maybe it's time you consider getting a propane smoker, which can yield an authentic taste while still offer you excellent convenience.
Because you're reading this, I assume that you're looking for some recommendations before making up your mind. If that is the case, then you've come to the right place. In this review for the best propane smokers, I will help you find the best one for you.
- What Are Propane Smokers?
- Propane Smokers vs. Electric Smokers
- Propane Smokers vs. Charcoal Smokers
- What Are the Benefits of Propane Smokers?
- Here Are The Best Propane Smokers To Buy:
- Best Propane Smokers Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Propane Smokers Reviews 2020
- Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24’’ Propane Smoker
- Masterbuilt MB20050511 MPS 130C Propane Smoker
- Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Roaster and Propane Smoker
- Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP 36’’ Vertical LP Propane Smoker
- Pit Boss 77435 Vertical LP Propane Smoker
- Camp Chef Smoke Vault Propane Smoker
- Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow VT280RDS Two-Burner Grill and Propane Smoker
- Masterbuilt MB2005716 Mps 330g Propane Smoker
- Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36’’ Propane Smoker
- Pit Boss 77425 2.5 Propane Smoker
- Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow 38202G Gas Propane Smoker
- Masterbuilt 44241G2 Propane Smoker
- Landmann 3495GLA Smoky Mountain 34’’ Vertical Propane Smoker
- Char-Broil Vertical Liquid Propane Smoker
- Buying Guide - How to Find the Best Propane Smoker
- My Top Pick
What Are Propane Smokers?
A propane smoker, also known as a gas smoker, is an outdoor cooking device that utilizes smoke as the primary heating source.
- Top 15 Best Fruit Infused Water Bottles in 2020
- Top 15 Best Garlic Press Reviews 2020
- Top 8 Best Chamber Vacuum Sealer Models 2020
- Top 16 Best Lasagna Pans in 2020
- Top 15 Best Milkshake Maker Models Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Kitchen Timer Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Beer Growler in 2020
- Top 15 Best Ice Cream Scoops in 2020
One of the most durable options when it comes to smokers, propane ones can yield equally tasty results without taking up too much space or consuming too much of your fuel.
Propane Smokers vs. Electric Smokers
As you might know, out of the four types of smokers, propane and electric are among the most popular options. This begs the question, what is the difference between these two most options when it comes to smokers?
To start with, electric smokers are convenient in that they don’t require you to deal with lighting charcoals or cleaning up residue ash. Furthermore, electric smokers can be started with only a push of a button and make temperature control effortless.
However, when it comes to portability, electric smokers cannot compare to propane smokers because the former ones require an electrical outlet. Moreover, electric smokers cannot produce that authentic smoky flavors like propane ones can.
Propane smokers are an excellent substitution for electric smokers. They are an ideal choice for whoever wants to be able to smoke food when they go on a picnic or camping trip. Moreover, you don't have to worry about a power outage at all.
Furthermore, propane smokers can provide a more authentic taste than an electric one.
While the taste they can yield in food might not be as good as charcoal ones, propane smokers remain one of the most viable options if you take into account all portability, convenience, and flavors.
Propane Smokers vs. Charcoal Smokers
As you may know, charcoals smokers are the traditional way of smoking food. While it’s true that charcoal smokers can provide the best flavors possible, it can be quite a pain to start, stoke, and watch over your charcoals.
Furthermore, charcoal smokers also require a lot of time and effort to clean up. Therefore, they are not the best option for busy people with little time to spare.
Therefore, while propane smokers might not yield flavors as good as charcoal ones can, they are still an excellent option for busy people or those who don’t want to deal with the hassle of watching over charcoals.
What Are the Benefits of Propane Smokers?
To determine whether you'd want a propane smoker or not, it's best that you know what the advantages pertaining to using a propane smoker are.
- You don’t have to spend too much time watching over the smoker when it’s in use. Explicitly speaking, you can set the smoker to work and simply wait for your food to be cooked.
- Propane smokers are relatively easy to use, even for novice people. Moreover, the average ignition system of propane smokers will ensure that you won’t have a difficult time starting up the unit.
- Propane smokers usually are portable and can be carried anywhere. They don't require an electric outlet and don't fear power outage. This makes propane smokers an excellent choice for camping or tailgating.
- Propane smokers make the most reliable choice because they don’t rely on electricity to work. Furthermore, it’s easy to find backup fuel for propane smokers.
Here Are The Best Propane Smokers To Buy:
If you feel that my list of recommendations is too long, you can choose one of the products from the shortlist below. These are all the products that I believe to be the best propane smoker in each category.
- Best Overall - Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24’’ Propane Smoker
“Two cooking grids for better versatility, three dampers for better temperature control, matchless ignition for easy start-up, easy to assemble and use.”
- Best for Budget - Masterbuilt MB20050511 MPS 130C Propane Smoker
“Chrome-coated racks for better durability, matchless ignition for easy start-up, lid-mounted temperature gauge, side handles for better portability.”
- Best for Beginner - Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Roaster and Propane Smoker
“TRU-Infrared cooking technology, no flare-ups, can smoke, roast, and grill food, highly efficient, even heat distribution, easy to install and assemble.”
- Best Large Size - Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP 36’’ Vertical LP Propane Smoker
“4 adjustable racks for better versatility, cast iron burner, electronic push-button, double-door design for easier temperature control, suitable for everyone.”
- Best With Thermometer - Pit Boss 77435 Vertical LP Propane Smoker
“Dual burners for a better temperature range, porcelain-coated cooking grids, high total output, comes with a grease tray and a wood chip box, large glass window.”
- Best Small Size - Camp Chef Smoke Vault Propane Smoker
“Adjustable smoking racks for better flexibility, front temperature gauge for ease of temperature control, matchless ignition for easy start-up, suitable for BBQ.”
- Best Portable - Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow VT280RDS Two-Burner Grill and Propane Smoker
“Tabletop design, lightweight and compact for ease of transportation, folding legs and side tables for ease of storage, porcelain coated grids, easy to use.”
- Best With Window - Masterbuilt MB2005716 Mps 330g Propane Smoker
“Temperature sensor to control internal heat, heat diffuser for even heat distribution, fuel level gauge included, chrome-coated racks, viewing glass door.”
- Best for Camping - Pit Boss 77425 2.5 Propane Smoker
“Dual burner system for a wider temperature range, porcelain coated grids, large cooking surface, viewing window, large total cooking area.”
- Best for Commercial Use - Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow 38202G Gas Propane Smoker
“Large cooking capacity, 4 chrome-plated cooking grids with multiple adjustment levels, two independent doors for easier temperature control.”
Best Propane Smokers Comparison Chart
To make sure that you’ll thoroughly understand all the products I’ll be recommending, here is a comparison chart for you to consult from. Below is a complete list of the best propane smokers you can buy in 2020.
|Best Propane Smokers||Product Dimensions||Total Output||Cooking Rack Area|
|Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24’’ Propane Smoker - Best Overall||30.5 x 25 x 17 inches||18,000 BTU / hour||21.5 x 14 inches|
|Masterbuilt MB20050511 MPS 130C Propane Smoker - Best for Budget||19.49 x 20.47 x 39.41 inches||15,400 BTU / hour||N/A|
|Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Roaster and Propane Smoker - Best for Beginner||23.1 x 23.4 x 36.2 inches||9000 - 18,000 BTU / hour||180 square inches|
|Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP 36’’ Vertical LP Propane Smoker - Best Large Size||27 x 19.2 x 46.46 inches||15,000 BTU / hour||784 square inches|
|Pit Boss 77435 Vertical LP Propane Smoker - Best With Thermometer||21.5 x 23 x 47 inches||12,550 BTU / hour||800 square inches|
|Camp Chef Smoke Vault Propane Smoker - Best Small Size||30.25 x 18.75 x 17 inches||18,00 BTU / hour||15 x 14 inches|
|Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow VT280RDS Two-Burner Grill and Propane Smoker - Best Portable||17 x 46 x 19 inches||13, 000 BTU / hour in total||367 square inches|
|Masterbuilt MB2005716 Mps 330g Propane Smoker - Best With Window||17.32 x 18.31 x 26.18 inches||N/A||14 x 18 inches|
|Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36’’ Propane Smoker||20 x 20 x 46 inches||15,400 BTU / hour||884 square inches|
|Pit Boss 77425 2.5 Propane Smoker - Best for Camping||21.5 x 23 x 41 inches||13,500 BTU / hour||884 square inches|
|Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow 38202G Gas Propane Smoker - Best for Commercial Use||19.73 x 27.32 x 47.1 inches||20,000 BTU / hour||N/A|
|Masterbuilt 44241G2 Propane Smoker||24.5 x 33 x 60 inches||20,000 BTU / hour in total||N/A|
|Landmann 3495GLA Smoky Mountain 34’’ Vertical Propane Smoker||18 x 21 x 43.25 inches||13,500 BTU / hour||18 x 21 inches|
|Char-Broil Vertical Liquid Propane Smoker||19.5 x 21.5 x 45.4 inches||N/A||595 square inches|
Top 15 Best Propane Smokers Reviews 2020
Now that you’re well informed of all the products that I intend to recommend, it’s time that you read my detailed review for the best propane smoker to determine which product will make the best choice.
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24’’ Propane Smoker
Perhaps one of the most popular choices for propane smokers out there, there’s nothing you can go wrong with this unit from Camp Chef. Equipped with two cooking grids and one Jerky rack, this propane smoker will be all you ever need.
To make it easier for users to control the temperature of the smoker, Camp Chef has incorporated up to three dampers on the top and the sides of the unit. Therefore, you will find that you can easily adjust the temperature exactly to your likings.
Believing that a smooth and effortless start is absolutely needed in a smoker, the manufacturer of this 24’’ propane smoker has implemented the unit with a matchless ignition system.
With its tightly sealed chamber, this propane smoker can lock in all the flavors of hickory, cherry, mestique, and more into your food without the need of charcoals. Coming with a chip tray and water pan, the unit is suitable for low and slow cooking.
With all of its excellent features, there’s no doubt that the Smoke Vault from Camp Chef is one of the best propane smokers under $300.
- Two cooking grids
- One jerky rack
- Three dampers
- Door-mounted thermometer
- Matchless ignition
- The smoker can yield excellent flavors in food
- The three dampers incorporated in the smoker make temperature control effortless
- The unit is simple enough that virtually anyone can put it together
- User-friendly and does not require too much effort to get the hang of
- The thermometer of the smoker is not very accurate
|Product Dimensions||30.5 x 25 x 17 inches|
|Total Output||18,000 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||21.5 x 14 inches|
To get a close-up look at the product, you can check out the following video:
Masterbuilt MB20050511 MPS 130C Propane Smoker
(Best for Budget)
Who says that you can’t find a decent propane smoker with a tight budget? With this model from Masterbuilt, you’ll be able to find a propane smoker with excellent performance at a very low price.
When buying this propane smoker, you’ll be getting two chrome-coated racks. As a result, you’ll get two different cooking surfaces for more flexibility. Moreover, you’ll be able to control the temperature and moisture with an adjustable air damper.
What’s more, this propane smoker also comes with a push-button ignition that allows you to instantly start the smoker with a simple push. Therefore, you can say goodbye to fussing over starting the stubborn smoker.
Relatively lightweight, this model of propane smoker from Masterbuilt also boasts two handles on both sides so that you can easily move the unit around. This means that you can feel free to take this with you on your camping trip.
- Chrome-coated racks
- Matchless ignition
- Lid mounted temperature gauge
- Side handles
- Users can quickly assemble the smoker within mere minutes
- Suitable for even beginners
- The product offers excellent quality for its low price
- It does not take too much time to clean the smoker
- The temperature control of the smoker is a bit poor
|Product Dimensions||19.49 x 20.47 x 39.41 inches|
|Item Weight||36.7 pounds|
|Total Output||15,400 BTU / hour|
Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Roaster and Propane Smoker
(Best for Beginner)
Another excellent option for propane smokers under $300, this product from Char-Broil is undoubtedly the best combo best propane smoker grill combo. Even though it might sound complicated, this product is actually quite users friendly.
With its simple yet highly efficient structure, this product is the best propane smokers for beginners. With this unit, you’ll be able to smoke, roast, and grill food within only one device.
Don’t underestimate the smoker’s apparent small appearance; it can actually hold up to 25 pounds of meat at once. This means that you’ll be able to serve a large group of people with this simple smoker.
Implemented with the TRU-infrared technology, this propane smoker guarantees no flare-ups at all. Furthermore, thanks to this innovative technology, the Char-Broil propane smoker can provide even heat distribution throughout the food.
- Can smoke, roast, grill food
- No flare-ups
- The implemented TRU-infrared technology will ensure that the food is evenly cooked
- Users will not encounter flare-ups when smoking food
- It can produce juicy food with a smoky flavor
- The smoker is simple enough that even novice users will have an easy time figuring out how to operate the unit
- It can be installed and assembled within minutes
- The smoker is not very durable
|Product Dimensions||23.1 x 23.4 x 36.2 inches|
|Item Weight||22.7 pounds|
|Total Output||9000 - 18,000 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||180 square inches|
If you want to see how well this propane smoker can cook, then you should have a look at this video:
Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP 36’’ Vertical LP Propane Smoker
(Best Large Size)
For those looking for an extra large propane smoker to serve a large group of people, this product from Dyna-Glo provides an excellent option that is hard to rival with.
Boasting a cooking area of up to 784 square inches, the Dyna-Glo propane smoker has up to 4 adjustable steel wire racks. Therefore, you can cook different types of meats and food within one single smoker to save some of your time.
Designed to be as optimal as possible, this smoker has a double door construction that will give you more options when it comes to smoking and heating food. The dampers on the side and the top of the smoker will let you control the temperature.
Certified by the CSA, the smoker has a porcelain enameled porcelain bowl and a porcelain-coated wood chip box that comes with handles. Therefore, you can whip up smoky food with a tender and juicy texture that is hard to beat.
- 4 adjustable racks
- Cast-iron burner
- Electronic push button
- Double-door design
- Suitable for all users of varying levels of experience
- The smoker has easy and effortless temperature control
- The unit is durable and resistant to rust
- Despite its large size, the propane smoker is still lightweight and portable
- The water dish of the smoker can be maintained easily during smoking
- Removable racks can provide more versatility and flexibility in cooking
- The smoker might be prone to leaking air
|Product Dimensions||27 x 19.2 x 46.46 inches|
|Item Weight||54 pounds|
|Total Output||15,000 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||784 square inches|
For a better look at the product, you can check out this video:
Pit Boss 77435 Vertical LP Propane Smoker
(Best With Thermometer)
If you're looking for the best propane smoker with a glass door and an accurate thermometer, then you definitely need to consider getting this product from Pit Boss. Offering high values for money, it is one of the best propane smokers under $300.
Boasting dual burners, the Pit Boss propane smoker provides an impressively wide temperature range that is more than enough to cook process food in the majority of cooking styles. Highly efficient, the unit boasts a total output of up to 12,500 BTU.
Furthermore, this propane smoker also offers a grease tray and a wood chip box. Therefore, you can induce a smoker flavors in your food and still have an easy time cleaning up later on.
Coming with a large glass window, this propane smoker also eliminates the need for you to constantly peek in the smoker to monitor your food. Moreover, the smoker's elevated frame will allow you to easily transfer the food to the table.
- Dual burners for a more extensive temperature range
- Porcelain-coated cooking grids
- Grease tray included
- Large viewing window
- Can light instantly within the first try
- The smoker is well insulated; therefore, it’s quite cost-effective in the long run
- It’s easy to regulate the internal temperature of the smoker
- The smoker can provide many praiseworthy features at quite a bargain price
- The door-mounted thermometer the smoker is relatively accurate
- The customer service of the manufacturer of the product is not very good
|Product Dimensions||21.5 x 23 x 47 inches|
|Item Weight||52 pounds|
|Total Output||12,550 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||800 square inches|
Camp Chef Smoke Vault Propane Smoker
(Best Small Size)
If you’re looking for a small propane smoker that can be easily transported anywhere, then you’re in luck. This product from Camp Chef can promise to deliver you all the smoky, juicy goodness of smoked food with its humble size.
Arriving with two adjustable smoking racks and a cooking surface of up to 210 square inches, this small propane smoker can still cook a decent amount of food at once. Also, you can choose to cook different types of meat at the same time if needed.
Adjusting the temperature of your smoker cannot get any easier than this. With the three dampers on each side of the smoker, you'll be able to quickly get the temperature of the unit exactly to your preferences.
Furthermore, this propane smoker can be started with little to no trouble. This is all thanks to the innovative matchless snap-ignition system that has been incorporated into the unit.
- Adjustable smoking racks
- Front temperature gauge
- Matchless ignition
- Three dampers on three sides
- The smoker is suitable for a smooth and effortless setup
- Provide a wide temperature range to tackle different types of food
- It can be started with only a push of a button
- The three dampers on the smoker’s sides temperature control quite simple
- Suitable for BBQ
- Excellent portability
- The vent on the bottom of the smoker is a bit too wide, making it hard to close the opening entirely
|Product Dimensions||30.25 x 18.75 x 17 inches|
|Item Weight||63.5 pounds|
|Total Output||18,00 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||15 x 14 inches|
You can see how this propane smoker will be cooking your food with the following video:
Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow VT280RDS Two-Burner Grill and Propane Smoker
Are you going on a camping or picnic trip, but you can't afford to bring a large, chunky propane smoker with you? Why not address this problem by getting this compact and lightweight propane smoker from Masterbuilt?
While it might be a bit small, this propane smoker has two vector burners that can produce up to 13,000 BTUs in one single hour in total. The smoke tray that comes with it can also yield up to an impressive number of 3500 BTU.
To make it even easier for you to carry the smoker around, Masterbuilt has designed the product to have folding legs and side tables. This way, you can fold them away when they’re not needed.
Made from high-quality materials, this Masterbuilt portable propane grill has a porcelain-coated wire cooking grids as well as chrome-plated warming racks. Therefore, this propane smoker is definitely here to stay.
- Tabletop design
- Includes folding legs and side table
- Porcelain-coated grid
- Chrome-plated warming rack
- The smoker is compact and lightweight enough to be carried virtually anywhere
- The smoker arrives with excellent packaging
- The unit provides even and uniforms heat distribution throughout the racks
- It does not take too much time or expertise to assemble the smoker
- Controlling the temperature might be hard for first-time users
|Product Dimensions||17 x 46 x 19 inches|
|Item Weight||33.7 pounds|
|Total Output||13, 000 BTU / hour in total|
|Cooking Area||367 square inches|
Masterbuilt MB2005716 Mps 330g Propane Smoker
(Best With Window)
Another outstanding choice for you to consider, this product is one of the best propane smokers with a glass door. Therefore, you can easily watch over the food and make sure that they are adequately cooked.
Arriving with a temperature sensor, this propane smoker can control the burners so that the temperature inside the smoker stays at an ideal level. As a result, you can rest assured knowing that your food will get the best flavors possible.
Moreover, this propane smoker also comes with a heat diffuser to make sure that the heat is evenly distributed. Therefore, you’ll be able to get a consistent and even result that will surely impress everyone you’re cooking for.
Safety is also an important factor. Understanding this, Masterbuilt has implemented a safety valve into the smoker so that the burner will automatically shut off once the flame is extinguished. As a result, cooking hazards will be kept to a minimal.
- Temperature sensor
- Chrome-coated racks
- Heat diffuser
- Fuel level gauge included
- You can gauge how much fuel is still left in your propane tank
- The smoker comes with many features that are not usually available in its price range
- Despite its many features, the smoker is actually very easy to use
- The accuracy of the thermometer and the fuel level gauge is quite good
- It can be quite hard to assemble the smoker, especially for novice users
|Product Dimensions||17.32 x 18.31 x 26.18 inches|
|Item Weight||75.9 pounds|
|Cooking Area||14 x 18 inches|
Cuisinart COS-244 Vertical 36’’ Propane Smoker
Arguably one of the best large capacity propane smokers, this model from Cuisinart will surely not disappoint you. Highly durable and sturdy, the Cuisinart propane smoker will ensure that you’ll be smoking food for years to come.
Coming with an impressively spacious 5.45 square foot interior, this propane smoker will provide you with more cooking room that you can possibly need. While ideal for commercial use, the unit’s vertical design means it’s suitable for patios as well.
Offering up to four removable stainless steel shelves, the smoker will give you more versatility and flexibility when cooking food. You can fit a whole bird into the unit for smoking, and you'll not encounter any trouble at all.
Furthermore, this propane smoker lets you control the temperature by adjusting the gas supply. Also, the two-door and a rear vent can help you manage and regulate the heat and airflow.
- Large interior
- Stainless steel shelves
- Mounted thermometer
- Tight lock handle
- It does not take too much knowledge or effort to put the smoker together
- The smoker is made of excellent materials for better durability
- Suitable for both professional and beginners
- The accuracy of the thermometer is one of the best
- Anyone can control and monitor the internal temperature of the smoker with ease
- The trip ray of the smoker is a bit poorly designed
|Product Dimensions||20 x 20 x 46 inches|
|Item Weight||40 pounds|
|Total Output||15,400 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||884 square inches|
Pit Boss 77425 2.5 Propane Smoker
(Best for Camping)
Spice up your camping trip with this lightweight propane smoker from Pit Boss - a brand that has never failed to deliver its customers with the best quality possible.
Similar to its fellow Pit Boss propane smoker, this unit has a dual burner system that will give you a wide temperature range from 100 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. As a result, you can try many methods of cooking and smoking food with this product.
Highly efficient, the two burners of this Pit Boss propane smoker can produce up to 13,500 BTU in total. Additionally, the propane smoker has a large viewing window that comes with a high temperature door seal for you to monitor your food.
Coming with four porcelain coated grids, the smoker has a total cooking area of up to 884 square inches. It will also provide you with a wood drip drawer and a grease tray for your convenience.
- Dual burner system
- Porcelain-coated grids
- Large cooking surface
- External access to wood chips
- Viewing window
- The grease tray is cleverly designed so that cleaning the smoker would be effortless
- Large cooking area to accommodate a large number of people
- The smoker is designed so that anyone can easily assemble the unit with next to no problems
- Provides excellent quality and versatility within its price range
- Sturdily built for better durability
- The temperature control of the smoker is not very good
|Product Dimensions||21.5 x 23 x 41 inches|
|Item Weight||48.5 pounds|
|Total Output||13,500 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||884 square inches|
Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow 38202G Gas Propane Smoker
(Best for Commercial Use)
If you're looking for a commercial propane smoker with ample capacity to accommodate a large number of people, then there's no reason you shouldn't consider getting this product from Masterbuilt.
Offering up to 4 chrome-plated cooking grids and multiple adjustment levels, this propane smoker will allow you to cook a large amount of food of various sizes.
Furthermore, this propane smoker is designed to have two independent doors, which will make it easier for you to control the temperature and moisture inside the smoker. Therefore, you can achieve professional results with this simple smoker.
- Large cooking capacity
- Chrome plated cooking grids
- Push ignition system
- The large cooking area and a strong total output of the smoker make it an ideal choice for serving large groups of people
- The smoker is simple enough that almost anyone can use it
- The temperature control of the smoker is quite good
- Suitable for many types of food and dishes
- The unit can be put together within only a few minutes without any hassle
- The quality control of the smoker is not very good
|Product Dimensions||19.73 x 27.32 x 47.1 inches|
|Item Weight||68 pounds|
|Total Output||20,000 BTU / hour|
Masterbuilt 44241G2 Propane Smoker
Another excellent propane smoker with a large capacity for you to consider, this product from Masterbuilt has such a spacious cooking area that it can be used in parties and large gatherings.
To ensure that users will enjoy the best versatility with the smoker, Masterbuilt has incorporated up to 5 cooking grids inside the unit. These include 2 standard cooking grids, 2 jerky grids, and 1 rib rack.
Furthermore, the propane smoker also boasts a dual door design that comes with a tempered glass viewing window. As a result, you’ll be able to watch over your food and make sure that it is properly cooked.
Moreover, the propane smoker offers a dual stainless steel burner that can operate independently. Therefore, the product boasts excellent performance and outstanding temperature control.
- 5 cooking grids included
- Dual door design
- Dual stainless steel burners
- Large water pan
- The smoker can reach a high temperature in a short span of time
- Has a large capacity to cook a large volume of food at once
- The dual burners provide the smoker with better flexibility and versatility
- Sturdily constructed with durable materials
- Can be assembled easily
- It’s hard to learn how to control the temperature of the smoker at first
|Product Dimensions||24.5 x 33 x 60 inches|
|Item Weight||100 pounds|
|Total Output||20,000 BTU / hour in total|
Landmann 3495GLA Smoky Mountain 34’’ Vertical Propane Smoker
A cost-effective choice at a bargain price, this propane smoker from Landmann boasts two heat savings as well as easy access to the wood chip box and water pan. As a result, you’ll be able to get smoky and juicy meat with little fuel.
Being able to produce up to 13,500 BTU per hour, this gas smoker comes with adjustable heat control. Therefore, you'll be able to get the internal temperature of the smoker to the most ideal level.
Furthermore, you can cook a large amount of food of various sizes in this propane smoker thanks to the four adjustable chrome-coated cooking grids that come with the unit. Cooking a whole bird can't get any easier than this.
- Easy access wood chip box
- Adjustable heat control
- Chrome-coated grids
- Suitable for virtually all users with varying levels of experience
- It does not take too much time or expertise to assemble the unit
- You can easily control the temperature of the smoker
- The temperature can stay consistent throughout the smoking process
- The smoker has four wide stance legs that let it stand sturdily
- The smoker is not very durable
|Product Dimensions||18 x 21 x 43.25 inches|
|Item Weight||52.8 pounds|
|Total Output||13,500 BTU / hour|
|Cooking Area||18 x 21 inches|
Char-Broil Vertical Liquid Propane Smoker
An excellent deal that you’ll find it hard to turn down, this propane smoker from Char-Broil comes with up to three adjustable dampers that will let you easily control the internal temperature of the unit.
Furthermore, the smoker also features three chrome-plated cooking grates that will help you in whipping up a feast to treat your friends and family.
Many water pans in propane smokers are hard to remove and fill. However, this will not be the case for this unit from Char-Broil. Easily removable, the water pan of this propane smoker will ensure that your meat stays juicy and tender.
No more burning your hands or having to wear mittens when opening the smoker, you’ll find moving your smoker a breeze thanks to its innovative cool-touch handles.
- Chrome-plated cooking grates
- Warming rack included
- Feature water pan
- The smoker can induce an intense flavor in food
- It can distribute heat evenly through the food for more consistent results
- The unit is quite easy to use
- The water pan that comes with the smoker will ensure that your food is moisture
- The water and chip pan allows you to smoke food without constantly monitoring over it
- It can be quite hard to seal the door all the way
|Product Dimensions||19.5 x 21.5 x 45.4 inches|
|Item Weight||25 pounds|
|Cooking Area||595 square inches|
Buying Guide - How to Find the Best Propane Smoker
Even though propane smokers are easy to use, they’re not easy to buy. Or to be more precise, it’s not easy to find the best propane smoker.
Nevertheless, with my buying guide, you’ll be able to become a professional when it comes to buying propane smokers.
First, you need to consider how much you typically need to cook. A smoker too large will take up too much space and fuel, while one too small will require you to prepare several times.
Therefore, one of the first things you need to take into consideration when buying a propane smoker is how large you need it to be.
The Width of the Smoker
As important as the cooking capacity is, you also need to pay attention to the width of the smoker. While many smokers out there have ample cooking space, their width can be quite pathetic.
Therefore, to make sure that you can comfortably fit a full brisket or a rack of ribs into the smoker, you need to buy a smoker with a decent width.
Some propane smokers can also act as a grill. Therefore, if you happen to have versatility in mind, make sure that you choose models with more than one function.
If you want to try various cooking methods with your smokers, I'd recommend getting a smoker with a wide enough temperature range. Otherwise, an average one would be more than enough to serve you.
When buying propane smokers, you should choose a model with a front-loaded design, which makes loading and removing food from the unit a whole lot easier.
Furthermore, front-loaded propane smokers are considered to be safer than top-loaded ones. For instance, front-loaded smokers can minimize the risks of you getting burned while working with the product.
There are many aspects to propane smokers that a few reviews might not be enough to cover. Therefore, you can consult the section down below to know what are the most common concerns of propane smoker users.
My Top Pick
With everything taken into careful consideration, I believe that the Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24’’ Propane Smoker is the best option possible for a typical propane smoker user.
Why is it the best option? Other than its excellent durability, the Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24’’ Propane Smoker is also one of the most user-friendly. Anyone can easily use and control the temperature of this fantastic smoker.
I hope that my review of the best propane smokers has helped you find the right product for you. If there is anything you'd like to ask me, don't hesitate to tell me so in the comment, I will answer you in the shortest time possible.