The best refrigerators under $1500 are not always easy to find, considering how some affordable fridges are produced at the expense of quality. However, with the help of this article, you will be able to find the best fridge within this price range.
How Many Types of Refrigerators Are There?
Before getting into my review, first, I need to inform you of the four main types of refrigerators and their respective characteristics.
Top Freezer: This is the most common type of refrigerator. It has a single-column design with the top third reserved for a separate freezer compartment. Top-freezer tends to be affordable and more energy efficient.
However, top-freezer refrigerators don’t have many features to offer.
Bottom Freezre: This type of refrigerator is somewhat similar to top-freezer models, with the exception being that the freezer compartment is placed at the bottom. These fridges are harder to come by, and they consume more energy than top-freezer ones.
Side-by-side: These refrigerators have a large frame and are split in half, with one half being the freezer compartment and the other being the refrigerator. These are most suitable for those who need to store large volumes of frozen food.
Side-by-side refrigerators tend to be implemented with many features such as ice and water dispensers. However, this means that these models tend to consume more energy and come at a higher price too.
French-door: These are the most versatile, innovative, and also the most expensive type of fridge. French-door refrigerators are somewhat similar to side-by-side models, with the sole difference being that French-door units have freezer compartments at the bottom.
With all of that being said, there remain other less popular types of refrigerators, namely drawer, freezer-less, commercial, and compact refrigerators.
What Are The Best Refrigerators Under $1500?
The best refrigerators under $1500 are the Haier, Kenmore, and Midea. This is because they all boast features that are normally only available to higher-end models while still being energy-efficient and impressively durable.
In addition to those nominated, I’d like to give you a more detailed list of the best refrigerators under $1500. Don’t forget to check them out.
- Best Overall – Haier HRQ16N3BGS Stainless Steel 4-Door Refrigerator
“Counter-depth installation, high/low humidity crisper included, Sabbath mode available, Quick Cool and Quick Freeze feature included.”
- Best for Budget – Safeplus EP22680-BK Compact Refrigerator
“Under-counter installation, minimalist design, decent storage capacity, quiet operation, energy-saving, quiet compressor.”
- Best for Cars – Cooluli Concord 20LDX Mini Refrigerator
“Two electric cords, functional as both a fridge and a warmer, digital thermostat for easy temperature control, energy-saving.”
- Best for Garage – Tacklife Compact Mini Refrigerator
“Reversible door hinge, 5 temperature settings, freezer compartment available, low energy consumption, quiet operation.”
- Best for Vans – Hebron Mini Chest Cooler Portable Refrigerator
“Compatible with smartphones, battery-protection, efficient compressor, available in four sizes, lightweight, highly versatile.”
- Best for Drinks – Procool 3-door Stainless Steel Back Bar Refrigerator
“3-door design, LED display, and defrost timer included, scratch-resistant.”
- Best for Flowers – Premium PRF125DX Merchandiser Refrigerator
“Suitable for commercial use, double-layered hollow glass, removable and adjustable shelves.”
- Best with Pull Out Drawers – Haier HRF15N3AGS Stainless Steel Refrigerator
“Sabbath mode available, Quick Cool and Quick Freeze feature included, 2 freezer drawers, adjustable tempered glass shelves.”
- Best with Water Dispenser – Kenmore 50043 Side-by-side Stainless Steel Refrigerator
“Water and ice dispenser included, water filter available, adjustable door bin, bright LED display, silent operation.”
- Best with Freezer – Midea WHD-113FB1 Compact Refrigerator
“Energy-saving operation, reversible hinge, quiet compressor, bright interior lights.”
- Best with Ice Maker – Kenmore 71215 Top-Freezer Refrigerator
“Large freezer with a built-in ice maker, slide-out glass shelves, reversible door hinge, energy-saving operation, long-lasting LED lights.”
- Best with Glass Door – HomeLabs Beverages Glass Refrigerator
“Can hold up to 120 soda cans, easy temperature control, large digital display, adjustable shelves.”
- Best for Dorm – Black Decker Energy Star Compact Refrigerator
“Compact design, quiet and energy-efficient operation, reversible door hinge, additional door storage, removable glass shelf.”
Best Refrigerators Under $1500 Comparison Chart
To ensure that you can quickly identify the model you want, I’ve compiled this concise comparison chart, which will inform you of a product’s dimensions, weight, capacity, and respective installation type.
|Best Refrigerators Under $1500||Product Dimensions||Item Weight||Capacity||Installation Type|
|Haier HRQ16N3BGS Stainless Steel 4-Door Refrigerator - Best Overall||29.3 x 35.8 x 75.8 inches||300 pounds||16.4 cubic feet (Fresh Food capacity - 11.19 cubic feet) (Freezer capacity - 5.54 cubic feet)||Counter-depth|
|Safeplus EP22680-BK Compact Refrigerator - Best for Budget||18 x 17 x 31 inches||44.3 pounds||3.2 cubic feet||Under-counter|
|Cooluli Concord 20LDX Mini Refrigerator - Best for Cars||11.25 x 13.75 x 16.25 inches||15.62 pounds||20 liters||Counter-top|
|Tacklife Compact Mini Refrigerator - Best for Garage||6.97 x 7.44 x 7.6 inches||28.6 pounds||1.6 cubic feet||Free-standing|
|Hebron Mini Chest Cooler Portable Refrigerator - Best for Vans||22.4 x 12.6 x 10.2 inches||22 pounds||16 quarts (Also available in 20 quarts)||Free-standing|
|Procool 3-door Stainless Steel Back Bar Refrigerator - Best for Drinks||54 x 21 x 36 inches||182 pounds||11.3 cubic feet||Free-standing|
|Premium PRF125DX Merchandiser Refrigerator - Best for Flowers||78 x 24 x 23 inches||154 pounds||12.5 cubic feet||Free-standing|
|Haier HRF15N3AGS Stainless Steel Refrigerator - Best with Pull Out Drawers||26.5 x 28 x 71 inches||201 pounds||15 cubic feet||Free-standing|
|Kenmore 50043 Side-by-side Stainless Steel Refrigerator - Best with Water Dispenser||33.81 x 35 x 69.25 inches||270 pounds||24.57 cubic feet (Refrigerator capacity - 15.46 cubic feet) (Freezer capacity - 9.11 cubic feet)||Free-standing|
|Midea WHD-113FB1 Compact Refrigerator - Best with Freezer||18.5 x 19.37 x 32.95 inches||52.2 pounds||3.1 cubic feet||Free-standing|
|Kenmore 71215 Top-Freezer Refrigerator - Best with Ice Maker||33.8 x 32.87 x 66.1 inches||221 pounds||5.8 cubic feet||Free-standing|
|HomeLabs Beverages Glass Refrigerator - Best with Glass Door||17.3 x 18.9 x 33.3 inches||68.3 pounds||3.2 cubic feet||Under-counter|
|Black Decker Energy Star Compact Refrigerator - Best for Dorm||18.5 x 17.52 x 19.72 inches||33.1 pounds||1.7cubic feet||Free-standing|
|Danby DFF101B1BSLDB Top Mount Refrigerator||26.1 x 23.43 x 59.68 inches||134 pounds||10.1 cubic feet (Refrigerator Fresh Food capacity - 7.4 cubic feet) (Freezer capacity - 2.7 cubic feet)||Free-standing|
|Thor Kitchen Built-in Compact Refrigerator||23.4 x 23.5 x 34.2 inches||128 pounds||5.3 cubic feet||Under-counter|
Top 15 Best Refrigerator Under $1500 Reviews 2021
Now, it’s time to get into the most essential section of my honest review for the best refrigerators under $1500. I’ve made sure to point out the most noteworthy features of each product so that you can have an easier time making a decision.
1. Haier HRQ16N3BGS Stainless Steel 4-Door Refrigerator
Made from high-quality stainless steel, the Haier HRQ16N3BGS boasts a sleek and expensive look despite being an impressively affordable choice. Thanks to its counter-depth design, this fridge will fit right in your kitchen and blend with the cabinetry.
Boasting a dedicated high/low humidity crisper, this 4-door refrigerator from Haier can easily create the perfect environment for your leafy greens. Therefore, if you’re a fan of vegetables, you will definitely appreciate this feature of the product.
Furthermore, the Haier 4-door refrigerator comes with exceptionally useful features such as quick cool and quick freeze. This means that the fridge can accelerate the cooling or freezing process of newly stored foods while protecting old food.
- Counter-depth installation to save space
- High/low humidity crisper included
- Sabbath mode available
- Quick Cool & Quick Freeze feature
- The product has a spacious capacity so that you can store a large volume of food
- With its capacitive touch display, you can easily control and keep track of the fridge’s activities
- Thanks to its adjustable tempered glass shelves, you can change the fridge’s layout to accommodate your food
- The LED lighting of the refrigerator has been improved to last longer and consume less energy
- It might be a bit hard to clean all the fingerprints from the fridge’s exterior
|Product Dimensions||29.3 x 35.8 x 75.8 inches|
|Item Weight||300 pounds|
|Capacity||16.4 cubic feet
(Fresh Food capacity – 11.19 cubic feet)
(Freezer capacity – 5.54 cubic feet)
|Cabinet Drawer||2 sliding freezer drawers
4 sliding freezer bins
|Defrost Type||Auto Defrost|
To help you understand this fridge better, I’ve included this informative video for you to watch:
2. Safeplus EP22680-BK Compact Refrigerator
(Best for Budget)
Affordable and functional, the Safeplus EP22680 proves to be a budget-friendly choice for virtually everyone. Additionally, this product has been designed to be energy-saving, meaning that it will also prove to be cost-effective in the long run.
Thanks to its minimalist design, the Safeplus EP22680 will not take up too much storage space, while its sleek and elegant look will allow it to fit in almost any settings, be it office, home, dormitory, garage, or more.
Despite its small size, this refrigerator can store quite a lot of food and drink, owing to its ingenious interior design that optimizes its capacity. Additionally, the fridge offers 7 temperature settings so that you can choose the optimal one for your food.
What’s more, this compact refrigerator from Safeplus only produces low-level noises. When its compressor is doing its cycle, the fridge will only generate noise of no more than 40 dB, a perfect choice for those with sensitive ears.
- Under-counter installation
- Minimalist design
- Decent storage capacity
- Quiet operation
- The fridge is equipped with a highly efficient compressor to maintain the fridge’s temperature to an optimal level
- The product comes with two removable glass shelves so that you can adjust its inner layout for optimal storage space
- The fridge does not require complicated installation, making it relatively user-friendly
- Despite its small size, the refrigerator does offer an ice tray for you to make ice cubes
- The fridge is not large enough to hold pints of ice cream
|Product Dimensions||18 x 17 x 31 inches|
|Item Weight||44.3 pounds|
|Capacity||3.2 cubic feet
|Temperature Range||32-50 degrees Fahrenheit|
3. Cooluli Concord 20LDX Mini Refrigerator
(Best for Cars)
Are you looking for a mini refrigerator compatible with your car? Are you looking forward to having a refreshing drink everywhere you go? Look no further with the Cooluli Concord 20LDX mini fridge.
Arriving with an electric cord for standard socket and another 12V cord for vehicles, the Cooluli mini refrigerator proves to be highly versatile. With its simple yet elegant look, the unit will complement the decoration in your home or your car.
Furthermore, the Cooluli Concord can be used as either a fridge or a warmer. You can easily switch between the two modes with a touch of the button. Don’t worry; you’ll be able to get the optimal temperature setting due to the digital thermostat.
Another outstanding feature of the Concord lies in its cost-efficient operation. This means that the fridge has been designed to consume half the power compared to other models of the same size and engine power.
- Two electric cords
- Functional as both a fridge and a warmer
- Digital thermostat for easy temperature control
- The fridge has a molded insert carry handle on each of its sides, enabling you to transport it anywhere easily
- The product is equipped with efficient yet quiet motors, allowing the compressor to work without generating loud noises
- Thanks to the product’s easy-to-read digital display, you can keep track of its internal temperature
- Because it doesn’t use Freons or refrigerants, the model is completely environmentally friendly
- The unit might create a lot of water condensation over time
|Product Dimensions||11.25 x 13.75 x 16.25 inches|
|Item Weight||15.62 pounds|
To see the model’s performance, you can have a look at this video:
4. Tacklife Compact Mini Refrigerator
(Best for Garage)
Compact and highly efficient, the Tacklife mini refrigerator is the perfect choice for virtually any garage. Thanks to its mini size, this small fridge can fit into almost any narrow space while still offering you decent storage capacity.
Allowing you to store more than 45 cans of 12-ounce drink, the Tacklife mini refrigerator offers you one glass shelf, a full width and a half-width door shelf. This means that you can put tall bottles into this mini fridge as well.
What’s more, the Tacklife refrigerator boasts a reversible door hinge, which allows you to set it to open from either left or right. As a result, you’ll find fitting the model into tight space much easier.
Additionally, this mini fridge has up to 5 temperature settings. By turning the simple thermostat knob, you’ll be able to easily adjust the unit’s temperature according to your needs and preferences.
- Reversible door hinge
- 5 temperature settings
- Freezer compartment available
- The refrigerator only creates noises lower than 39 dB, thus guaranteeing quiet operation
- Conforming to Energy Star, the unit promises low energy consumption
- The model has a small freezer compartment with an ice tray so that you can make ice cubes
- The fridge is designed so that it will deliver food storage in an environmentally sustainable manner
- The product’s delivery process might not be very good
|Product Dimensions||6.97 x 7.44 x 7.6 inches|
|Item Weight||28.6 pounds|
|Capacity||1.6 cubic feet|
5. Hebron Mini Chest Cooler Portable Refrigerator
(Best for Vans)
Specifically designed to accommodate various vehicles, the Hebron portable fridge is undoubtedly the best choice for your vans. With this fantastic refrigerator, you’ll be able to enjoy cold drinks and fresh food on your camping or hiking trips.
The most striking thing about the Hebron refrigerator is its compatibility with your smart devices. This means that you can use your phone to adjust the unit’s temperature and monitor its activities through the Bluetooth-based Hebron app.
Equipped with a highly efficient compressor, the Hebron portable refrigerator features up to 3 modes of car battery drain protection. Furthermore, the unit is also compatible with small solar systems for energy-saving consumption.
- Compatible with smartphones
- Efficient compressor
- Available in four sizes
- The fridge is made from premium-quality plastic with high-density foam for optimal insulation and heat retention
- The fridge can double act as a freezer and keep the unit below freezing temperature for more than 72 hours without power
- You can use this unit to charge your devices, thanks to the integrated USB port under its control panel
- Aside from being exceptionally lightweight, the fridge also features two built-in handles for ease of transportation
- The fridge can cool down below -4 degrees Fahrenheit for optimal freshness
- The fridge’s AC cord is a bit short
|Product Dimensions||22.4 x 12.6 x 10.2 inches|
|Item Weight||22 pounds|
(Also available in 21, 33, 47 quarts)
6. Procool 3-door Stainless Steel Back Bar Refrigerator
(Best for Drinks)
If you’re specifically looking for a refrigerator that is designed to hold many cans of various drinks, then you’re in luck. Powerful and highly efficient, this 3-door fridge is undoubtedly the best choice for bars and café.
Equipped with a commercial-grade LG compressor as well as a separate cooling fan, this refrigerator will ensure that your drinks always stay at a desirable temperature.
What’s more, the Procool 3-door refrigerator also boasts an embossed aluminum exterior, which makes it resistant to scratches and dent damage. The unit’s digital controller comes with a defrost timer as well as an LED display.
Furthermore, this product is implemented with a self-evaporating water tray. This means that you won’t need to empty or drain the water condensation yourself.
- 3-door design
- LED display and defrost timer included
- The fridge has a large capacity so that you can store many drinks
- The fridge’s light can be turned on and off according to your preferences
- The model comes with a lock and key in case you want to lock it
- The product’s shelves are all adjustable so that you can rearrange its layout according to your needs and preferences
- The refrigerator is a bit noisy
|Product Dimensions||54 x 21 x 36 inches|
|Item Weight||182 pounds|
|Capacity||11.3 cubic feet|
7. Premium PRF125DX Merchandiser Refrigerator
(Best for Flowers)
Spacious and powerful, this refrigerator from Premium is, without doubt, a perfect choice for storing flowers. With its compact and sleek design, the Premium PR125DX will fit right in your flower shop, home, cafes, or office.
Boasting a double-layered hollow glass, this product from Premium lets you see what’s inside the fridge while still maintaining the fridge’s temperature at a desirable level. Furthermore, it can eliminate virtually all condensation.
That’s not all; this model’s shelves are all removable and adjustable. This means that you can change the fridge’s layout to accommodate a wide range of flowers, food, drinks, and other goods.
- Suitable for commercial use
- Double-layered hollow glass
- Adjustable shelves
- The refrigerator is simple to install and assemble
- It’s exceptionally easy to control the unit’s temperature
- The product lets you turn on and off its internal light
- The removable shelves make cleaning the fridge easy and simple
- The refrigerator’s compressor is a bit loud
|Product Dimensions||78 x 24 x 23 inches|
|Item Weight||154 pounds|
|Capacity||12.5 cubic feet|
8. Haier HRF15N3AGS Stainless Steel Refrigerator
(Best with Pull-out Drawers)
Suppose you want an affordable refrigerator with pull-out drawers for extra storage space and ease of storing food. In that case, you should consider getting the Haier HRF15N3AGS, which is reasonably priced despite its exceptional features.
Arriving with two large drawers, this refrigerator boasts fully encapsulated storage door bins and adjustable glass shelves to accommodate items from small to large. As a result, you can store lots of groceries for the whole family in this fridge.
Furthermore, the Haier refrigerator comes with quick cool and quick freeze functions. This means that it can accelerate the cooling and freezing process of newly stored food while still protecting those already refrigerated or frozen.
- Sabbath mode available
- Quick Cool & Quick Freeze feature
- 2 freezer drawers
- Adjustable tempered glass shelves
- This refrigerator comes with durable LED lights, which use considerably less energy than incandescent lighting
- The product is implemented with one full-width manual temperature control bin so that you can easily select the perfect setting for your food
- The fridge’s electronic controls enable you to adjust its temperature with utmost precision
- The product is designed so that it will not consume too much energy
- The fridge’s compartments are not suitable for holding a gallon jug
|Product Dimensions||26.5 x 28 x 71 inches|
|Item Weight||201 pounds|
|Capacity||15 cubic feet|
To understand this best French-door refrigerator, you can have a look at this video:
9. Kenmore 50043 Side-by-side Stainless Steel Refrigerator
(Best with Water Dispenser)
Another state-of-the-art refrigerator, the Kenmore comes with a Dual Pad ice and water dispenser, which is designed to put fresh and clean water into your glass. Also, the unit has a built-in water filter to eliminate contaminants from your water.
Arriving with an ice dispenser, the Kenmore refrigerator has a built-in transparent window to let you monitor the ice levels. Thanks to this, you can make sure that you will never run out of ice.
Furthermore, this model comes with gallon-sized adjustable door bins as well as a dairy shelf to accommodate many items of varying sizes. Furthermore, the product has been designed so that you can quickly grab items from the fridge.
- Water and ice dispenser included
- Water filter included
- Adjustable door bin
- The fridge has bright LEDs to let you quickly identify the item you need, even in the dark
- The product’s operation is relatively silent
- The fridge is easy to clean both on the outside and on the inside
- The model can produce ice in a short span of time
- The fridge’s temperature control is not very good
|Product Dimensions||33.81 x 35 x 69.25 inches|
|Item Weight||270 pounds|
|Capacity||24.57 cubic feet
(Refrigerator capacity – 15.46 cubic feet)
(Freezer capacity – 9.11 cubic feet)
|Connector Type||Water Line|
|Shelf Type||Glass and wire|
To have a better look at this refrigerator, you can watch this video review:
10. Midea WHD-113FB1 Compact Refrigerator
(Best with Freezer)
In case you’re looking for a compact refrigerator with a powerful freezer, I’ve included this excellent Midea fridge for you. Boasting a decent temperature range to accommodate various foods, this product is surely worth your consideration.
Implemented with Energy Star efficiency, the Midea double-door refrigerator boasts two separate fridge and freezer sections for energy-saving operation.
To elaborate, in the freezer, the temperature ranges from -11.2F to 5F whilst the temperature ranges from 32F to 50F in the refrigerator. This means that the Midea compact refrigerator can accommodate virtually any food and drinks.
- Energy-saving operation
- Reversible hinge
- Energy Star certification
- The refrigerator boasts a whisper-quiet compressor for silent operation
- The fridge’s compact design allows it to be installed under a counter or a desk to save space
- The model is equipped with bright interior lights so that you can easily identify the item you need
- The product boasts excellent and easy temperature control
- The fridge might produce water condensation
|Product Dimensions||18.5 x 19.37 x 32.95 inches|
|Item Weight||52.2 pounds|
|Capacity||3.1 cubic feet
(Freezer capacity – 0.92 cubic feet)
|Connector Type||Water Line|
If you’re still having troubles deciding whether you should get this fridge, this video might be able to help you:
11. Kenmore 71215 Top-Freezer Refrigerator
(Best with Ice Maker)
If you want an affordable refrigerator that can produce ice cubes in a short amount of time, the Kenmore 71215 is definitely worth your consideration. Boasting a large freezer with a built-in ice maker, this fridge will allow you to store large frozen items.
To make it easier for you to access your food and drinks, this refrigerator features slide-out glass shelves. This also means that you’ll be able to remove all the shelves for easy fridge cleanup.
What’s more, the internal layout of the Kenmore 71215 refrigerator can be easily adjusted according to your preferences. This means that the fridge can accommodate large volumes of food and drinks of various shapes and sizes.
- Large freezer with a built-in ice maker
- Slide-out glass shelves
- Reversible door hinge
- The refrigerator is implemented with an energy-saving system
- This product features gallon door bins so that you can easily store tall items as well as various beverages
- The stainless steel exterior of the refrigerator is resistant to smudge and fingerprints
- The product features long-lasting LED lighting to let you quickly identify the item you need even in the dark
- This fridge is designed to be frost-free, thus reducing the likelihood of freezer-burn on your fridge and the food inside it
- The fridge has somewhat uneven temperatures between different areas
|Product Dimensions||33.8 x 32.87 x 66.1 inches|
|Item Weight||221 pounds|
12. HomeLabs Beverages Glass Refrigerator
(Best with Glass Door)
Featuring an elegant see-through glass door, the HomeLabs beverage refrigerator has a white LED light so that you can easily select your favorite drink during nighttime.
Equipped with three removable chrome wire shelves, this compact refrigerator lets you store up to 120 standard-sized beer or soda cans. Furthermore, this model can hold several bottles of wine.
To make it easier for you to operate this refrigerator, HomeLabs has implemented it with advanced temperature controls. As a result, the fridge has a single temperature zone that can cool down to 34 degrees Fahrenheit thanks to the easy-touch control.
Aside from its large digital display to let you quickly monitor its temperature, this fridge boasts an innovative memory function that can automatically restore the previously programmed temperature in case of a power outage.
- Can hold up to 120 soda cans
- Easy temperature control
- Large digital display
- Adjustable shelves
- Equipped with a heavy-duty cooling system, this refrigerator can cool your drinks quickly without consuming too much energy
- The product’s compressor can work without generating loud noises
- The product is implemented with an innovative auto defrosting function and a temperature sensor
- This fridge can be installed under counters to save space
- The fridge is not suitable for holding meat
|Product Dimensions||17.3 x 18.9 x 33.3 inches|
|Item Weight||68.3 pounds|
|Capacity||3.2 cubic feet|
To make sure that you understand this product thoroughly, here’s an informative video you might want to watch:
13. Black Decker Energy Star Compact Refrigerator
(Best for Dorm)
If you live in a small dormitory, the Black Decker fridge would undoubtedly prove to be an ideal choice for you. Thanks to its compact and stylish design, this fridge will give you cold drinks and fresh food without taking up too much space.
Equipped with a removable glass shelf, this compact fridge from Black Decker will give you decent storage space to hold various food and drinks. Furthermore, the design will also make cleaning a much easier task.
What’s more, to ensure that the fridge can easily fit in narrow spaces, Black Decker has designed the unit with a reversible door and leveling legs. Additionally, the adjustable temperature control will improve the fridge’s practicality and versatility.
- Compact design
- Removable glass shelf
- Reversible door hinge
- Additional door storage
- This fridge is built to be exceptionally durable
- The product is highly efficient despite consuming little energy
- The temperature control of this unit is exceptional
- The model can guarantee ultra-quiet operation
- The fridge cannot defrost on its own
|Product Dimensions||18.5 x 17.52 x 19.72 inches|
|Item Weight||33.1 pounds|
|Capacity||1.7 cubic feet|
|Recessed Door Handle||Yes|
|Full-Width Freezer Compartment||Yes|
In case you’re curious, I’ve included this informative video for you to check:
14. Danby DFF101B1BSLDB Top Mount Refrigerator
Simple yet elegant, the Danby is an excellent choice for modern refrigerators. With its decent storage size and compact design, this model is suitable for small families and apartments.
Boasting a frost-free operation, this top-mount refrigerator will not form annoying water condensation or layers of frost upon your frozen food. This means that you will not have to spend time maintaining or defrosting the unit.
Implemented with two adjustable shelves and up to five door shelves, this product from Danby seeks to optimize its capacity. As a result, you will be able to store an impressive volume of food and drinks in this seemingly modest refrigerator.
- Reversible door hinge
- Frost-free design
- Integrate handle
- Removable tempered glass shelves
- This refrigerator comes at a surprisingly affordable price
- The model’s compressor can work without generating loud, annoying noises
- The product’s durability is quite impressive
- The unit’s stainless steel finish is resistant to smudge and fingerprints
- This refrigerator might consume a lot of energy
|Product Dimensions||26.1 x 23.43 x 59.68 inches|
|Item Weight||134 pounds|
|Capacity||10.1 cubic feet
(Refrigerator Fresh Food capacity – 7.4 cubic feet)
(Freezer capacity – 2.7 cubic feet)
15. Thor Kitchen Built-in Compact Refrigerator
A noteworthy choice if you’re looking for a drawer refrigerator, this compact model from Thor Kitchen will ensure that you can store large volumes of food without taking up too much of your living space.
With its sleek and contemporary look, the Thor Kitchen refrigerator can be installed under your kitchen counter. This means that this product is one of the best choices for those trying to lead a minimalist lifestyle.
Thanks to its decent temperature range of 0 to 7 degrees Celsius (or 34 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit), this unit can maintain the freshness of various food and drinks. In addition, it can ensure temperature uniformity and energy-saving operation.
Another impressive feature of this refrigerator is its weatherproof design. This means that this unit is suitable for outdoor use.
- Drawer refrigerator
- Excellent temperature uniformity
- Weatherproof design
- Under-counter installation
- This refrigerator has an innovative control panel for easy temperature settings
- You can switch between the metric and imperial unit systems
- This fridge can store more food than traditional side-by-side models
- The fridge is virtually frost-free and exceptionally easy to clean
- The exterior of the fridge is smudge-free and fingerprint-resistant
- This fridge does not have a freezer
|Product Dimensions||23.4 x 23.5 x 34.2 inches|
|Item Weight||128 pounds|
|Capacity||5.3 cubic feet|
|Certification||CE, ETL, RoHS|
If you’re interested in this refrigerator, you should have a look at this video for a close up look at the product:
Best Refrigerators Under $1500 Buying Guide
To make it easier for you to identify the best refrigerators under $1500, here are some tips you might want to know.
Type of fridge: First, you need to determine what type of fridge you want, is it a top-freezer model or is it one with a French-door? Deciding the type of refrigerator will help narrow down your choices a lot.
Installation type: If you want to have a large fridge with a freezer, but your kitchen is cramped already, you should go for fridges with the counter-depth installation. Likewise, if you’re buying a compact fridge, you can choose one with an under-counter installation option.
Capacity: Another important factor to take into consideration, capacity plays a major role in deciding how much food you can store in the fridge.
If you shop regularly, you can go for a smaller one. However, if you don’t have time to get groceries often, it’s best that you get a large fridge with spacious freezer compartments.
Fridge’s layout: For optimal food and drink storage, you should get refrigerators with a customizable layout. This means that the shelves are removable and adjustable.
Furthermore, you should look for fridges that optimize the door-bin. If you need to store large bottles or jugs of milk, you should look for models with gallon-size door bins.
Fridge’s exterior finish: If you don’t want to spend too much time cleaning the outside of your fridge, you should look for models with a smudge-free stainless steel finish. However, keep in mind that stainless steel fridges can’t hold magnets.
Other features: You might want refrigerators with features such as water and ice dispensers, multi-zone climate controllers, or functional drawers. However, these models are more expensive and harder to come by within the $1500 price range.
Even though refrigerators are a popular appliance, I’m sure that you might have some burning questions regarding these products.
My Top Pick
The Haier HRQ16N3BGS Stainless Steel 4-Door Refrigerator is undoubtedly my top pick for the best refrigerator under $1500 due to its innovative features, durability, as well as its affordable price.
I hope that you’ve been able to find the perfect refrigerator. If you still have any unanswered questions, feel free to reach out to me via the comment sections.