There are many air fryers on the market, so of course, you get wary of the shiny products with their promises. However, these products are indeed useful and nearly have no disadvantage. At the top of the line is the Ninja air fryer.
The Ninja air fryer is manufactured by the Ninja company, formerly known as the Euro-Pro Operating LLC. The company, known for manufacturing world-class appliances, does not fail in its delivery of air fryers.
The Ninja air fryers come in different models. It caters to such needs as family size (Ninja air fryer Max XL), cooking time (Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer), ease of cleaning (Ninja Foodi SP1010 Digital air fryer) amongst others.
Ninja air fryers generally employ a mechanism similar to other air fryers in that hot air is used for frying foods. This innovative approach discards the requirement for oil, and with it, all of the health risk factors associated with deep-frying foods.
Ninja air fryers also prevent hazards. They are pretty easy to use, and apart from the potential electrocution which could occur from faulty wiring (the possibility which is quite remote), Ninja air fryers are a safe option for making food.
Ninja air fryers come with unique specifications. For instance, products come with timers, which can be preset before you begin cooking, giving you flexibility for other activities.
Furthermore, Ninja air fryers are very easy to clean up. There are no messes to deal with after cooking, and some of them are washing-machine friendly and so cleaning is no different from doing the dishes with the air of a dishwasher.
- Why Should You Consider Ninja Air Fryers?
- What Ninja Air Fryer Is Perfect for You?
- Ninja Air Fryer Comparison Chart
- Top 10 Ninja Air Fryer Reviews
- 1. Ninja AF 101 Air Fryer
- 2. Ninja OP301 Foodi Compact Air Fryer
- 3. Ninja Foodi OP300 Fryer & Pressure Cooker
- 4. Ninja Op101 Foodi Air Fryer
- 5. Ninja Foodi AG301 Air Fryer
- 6. Ninja Foodi SP101 Digital Air Fryer
- 7. Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer
- 8. Ninja FD401 Foodi Air Fryer
- 9. Ninja Foodi OP302 Air Fryer
- 10. Ninja Auto-iQ Air Fryer and Cooker
- Ninja Air Fryer Buying Guide
- My Top Pick
Why Should You Consider Ninja Air Fryers?
I have personally come to realize that the air fryer is the one-stop-shop for persons, like me, who love healthy eating and so, want to keep an eye out for cholesterol.
The hassle, sometimes, is identifying the different brands of air fryers available, and settling for one. The market is replete with so many designs, some with specifications for certain foods. Narrowing your options down to a particular product design, such as the Ninja brand, can be helpful.
What Ninja Air Fryer Is Perfect for You?
I have collated my top 10 Ninja air fryers best on select parameters. Below you will find each of them, as well as the feature which makes each stand out, in my opinion.
- Best Overall: Ninja AF 101 Air Fryer
Apart from its sleek designs as well as a great user interface, the Ninja AF 101-watt fryer gives you absolute control over the entire cooking process.
- Best for User-Friendliness: Ninja OP301 Foodi Compact Air Fryer
The Ninja OP301 Foodi comes with a user interface that makes it extremely appealing. With this fryer, you will surely find ease cooking different foods.
- Best for Temperature Control: Ninja Foodi OP300 Fryer & Pressure Cooker
Of all of the Ninja air fryer brands, the Ninja Foodi Compact Air fryer is the best in getting the required temperature down pat.
- Best for Cooker Combo: Ninja Op101 Foodi Air Fryer
If you are looking for one air fryer that fulfills all of your cooking goals in one go? Then the Ninja OP101 is just ideal for you.
- Best for Compactness: Ninja Foodi AG301 Air Fryer
With the Ninja Foodi AG301 Air Fryer. you will enjoy the freshness of air fried foods, without having to give up too much space.
- Best for Easy Cleaning: Ninja Foodi SP101 Digital Air Fryer
With the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Toaster oven, you do not have to worry about the hassles of cleaning up after yourself.
- Best for Cooking Time: Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer
The Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer is just the best if you have a larger than average audience that you want to feed with food made with the air fryer.
- Best for Size: Ninja FD401 Foodi Air Fryer
The Ninja Foodi FD401 is the fastest of all that I tested. Buy this and cooking, even for large get-togethers, will become easier and more efficient!
- Best Budget: Ninja Foodi OP302 Air Fryer
This air fryer gives you excellent value for your money.
- Best for Tech Friendliness: Ninja Auto-iQ Air Fryer & Cooker
I can almost bet that this air fryer will impress you. If you are tech savvy, this air fryer is a definite have for you!
Ninja Air Fryer Comparison Chart
Below, I have compiled a list of 10 Ninja air fryers using several parameters. I have included what each air fryer is best for as well as its capacity.
|Ninja AF 101 Air Fryer - Best Overall||4.9 pounds||4 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1500 watts|
|Ninja OP301 Foodi Compact Air Fryer - Best for User-Friendliness||23.9 pounds||5 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1400 watts|
|Ninja Foodi OP300 Pressure Cooker - Best for Temperature||25.8 pounds||6 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1400 watts|
|Ninja Op101 Foodi Air Fryer - Best for Cooker Combo||23.9 pounds||5 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1460 watts|
|Ninja Foodi AG301 Air Fryer - Best for Compactness||14.5 lbs||4 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1760 watts|
|Ninja Foodi SP101 Digital Air Fryer - Best for Easy Cleaning||15.72 pounds||XL||1-Year Limited Warranty||1800 watts|
|Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer - Best for Cooking Time||11 pounds||5.5 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1750 watts|
|Ninja FD401 Foodi Air Fryer - Best for Size||26 pounds||8 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1760 watts|
|Ninja Foodi OP302 - Best Budget||24.9 pounds||6.5 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1400 watts|
|Ninja Auto iQ cooker - Best for Tech-Friendliness||3.15 pounds||6 Quarts||1-Year Limited Warranty||1200 watts|
Top 10 Ninja Air Fryer Reviews
If you have decided to get a Ninja air fryer for your use, the next step is to sample the opinion of others concerning the specifics of each product. This is where I can help you.
I have compiled a list of some of the best Ninja Air Fryers and have reviewed them.
The Ninja air fryer reviews you will find here are honest and straight to the point. I have taken the time to list out the pros and cons of each product, as well as highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each of them.
Below you will find a review of my top 10 Ninja air fryers. Hopefully, my suggestions will prove useful to you, especially when you eventually get to make your own purchase.
1. Ninja AF 101 Air Fryer
The Ninja AF 101 air fryer is one of the best air fryers out there. I found it to have excellent ratings on almost all fronts.
From temperature regulation to user-friendliness and cooking capacity, this appliance excels. It doubles as a food hydrator and can be used to regulate the amount of liquid to be found in any food you are cooking with the air fryer.
The temperature accuracy is quite important because the appliance can be used either to remove moisture slowly or cook very fast with convection heat.
The appliance comes with four cooking functions to suit your fancy: air fry, roast, reheat and dehydrate.
Here is a review that is quite instructive.
- Comes fitted with dishwasher safe parts
- Extra large capacity
- One touch control panel
|Item weight||4.9 pounds|
|Product dimensions||13.6 x 11 x 13.3 inches|
- Extremely user-friendly
- Temperature accuracy is topnotch
- Cleaning can be a hassle
- You will have to preheat the appliance before use; at least 3 minutes is needed
2. Ninja OP301 Foodi Compact Air Fryer
(Best for User-Friendliness)
What I found most appealing about the product was the impressive temperature range. The temperature range is from 105 to 400 Fahrenheit, so you do not have to worry about dehydrating even your veggies.
The push-button controls give you the ability to switch between several functions. You can switch between rehydrating, slow cooking, or steaming, whichever you prefer at any particular time. There are actually 7 cooking functions that can be carried out with this air fryer. Impressive, yes?
Do not be deceived by how compact the air fryer looks; it is quite sturdy and can handle up to 4 pounds of chicken. The pressure fryer comes fitted with two lids. They are used separately to air fry and for pressure cooking.
For an illustration on how the crisping technology works, check out this video.
- Pressure cooker cooks up to 70% faster than traditional methods
- Ceramic-coated pot is non-stick
- Passed rigorous safety precautions.
- Can keep food warm for up to 12 hours
- Performs no less than 7 cooking functions
|Item Weight||23.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.9 x 13.9 x 11.7 inches|
- The Ninja Foodi Compact Air Fryer literally does everything. You can get all your cooking needs met with this one
- It reduces the length of time you have to spend cooking
- It is both dishwasher friendly and easy to clean manually – both great pros
- Can be quite heavy to lift and move around
3. Ninja Foodi OP300 Fryer & Pressure Cooker
(Best for Temperature)
The Ninja Foodi is an excellent choice for combining air frying and pressure cooking. The best part is that it performs both functions very well. Just imagine the recipes you could try out with this appliance!
The appliance comes with TenderCrisp Technology, which improves cooking time, and allows you to finish up with the Crisping Lid.
The appliance can also be used to cook frozen foods. In fact, you can skip the thawing part entirely, pressure cooking the frozen food from the inside out. The Ninja Foodi is such a wonder and can cook both proteins, grains and grains all at the same time.
Find both reviews and directions in this video.
- High gloss finish
- 2 accessories included, including a reversible steel rack
- 45 inspiration guide recipes included
|Product Dimensions||14.2 x 16.8 x 13.1 inches|
|Item weight||25.8 pounds|
- Has great cooking performance
- Doubles as a pressure cooker
- Comes with a 45 recipe book that can come in handy when you start cooking
- The appliance is a bit pricey
- It can be difficult unloading the fry basket
4. Ninja Op101 Foodi Air Fryer
(Best for Cooker Combo)
The Ninja OP101 is an excellent multi-cooker that can be used to perform several functions. You can use the appliance for baking, roasting, pressure cooking and even steaming.
The appliance cooks 70 percent faster than the traditional route and also can air fry with up to 75 percent less fat.
For directions on how to use the pressure cooker with an air fryer, please watch this video.
- Comes with a crisp basket that is non-stick and dishwasher safe
- Performs, at least, 7 cooking functions including steam, bake, roast, yogurt etc.
- Passed rigorous safety tests.
|Item Weight||23.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.9 x 13.9 x 11.7 inches|
- It has one of the best pressure cooking combos of all the air fryers tested
- The cooking pot is quite impressive and has 5-qt cooking capacity
- It can be quite heavy
5. Ninja Foodi AG301 Air Fryer
(Best for Compactness)
With the Ninja Foodi grill, you get the same flavors as though you were making use of an actual outdoor grill. You can decide to choose from the four temperature settings –low, medium, high or max.
Making use of Cyclonic Grilling Technology, the appliance circulates 500 degrees heat around the food, causing it to brown nicely without burning while creating the char grilled marks. The appliance can also be used to defrost food and grills it immediately after fully defrosting.
With this air fryer, you do not have to worry about smoke. The device comes fitted with a cool-air zone, splatter shield and temperature-controlled grill grate, which make sure the air fryer does not smoke while in use.
- Makes use of the Cyclonic Grilling Technology
- 4 steaks capacity
- Stainless finish
- 20 inspiration guide recipes included
|Material type||Stainless steel|
|Item weight||14.5 lbs|
|Capacity||10” X 10” grill grate, 4-qt crisper basket, 6-qt cooking pot|
- The appliance is pretty easy to use; the push-button are clear about their functions
- You would not need to flip the grilled food. The benefit is that you do not have to worry about your food falling apart due to incessant flipping
- It is an excellent appliance for cooking meals quickly. Meals can be prepared in less than 10 minutes in some cases
- It has an open lid, which means that you have to make sure there is space above the air fryer
6. Ninja Foodi SP101 Digital Air Fryer
(Best for Easy Cleaning)
This appliance can solve all of your baking needs while providing you with the air fryer functions at the same time. The appliance comes with a preheating option and takes no more than 60 seconds to get fully heated up.
When making use of the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Toaster oven, you do not have to worry about setting the timer as the appliance comes with a timer that tells you when to turn the food. Temperature is also independently controlled.
Find directions for cleaning of the air fryer here.
- Comes with a non-stick basket
- Also comes with a removable crumb tray and an easily accessible back panel
|Product Dimension||19.7 x 7.6 x 15 inches|
- The preheating option makes sure that your food cooks within a short period
- The removable crumb tray makes cleaning very easy
- Baking is even with the appliance. The food will be baked evenly on all sides
- The appliance can save space. After use, you can flip the appliance sideways to save space
- You will have to clean the appliance after every use
- The appliance can get quite hot
7. Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer
(Best for Cooking Time)
This air fryer is touted to be the best for large families, and I agree with that. The chief attraction for me is the fact that despite the fact that large amounts of foods can be cooked using this air fryer, it is comparatively easy to do so.
Another awesome feature I found is the fact that you can pre-set everything before you begin cooking. There is a touch panel right in front of the device which you can make use of to select the cooking temperature, time, and type of food you want to cook.
The fryer basket is non-stick, which also makes it super easy to wash either manually or with the dishwasher. For another amazing review of this product, you can check here.
- Comes fitted with a broil rack
- Also comes fitted with a non-stick fryer
- Can be preset to a desired temperature, time and food type
- Temperature can be set to as high as 450 degrees.
- Enhanced control panel
|Product dimension||14 x 11 x 14.8 inches|
- You do not have to worry about making food for a large group of people using the air fryer
- It is pretty easy to navigate, so you do not have to be an expert or anything to make use of it
- The non-stick coating may cause it to have an awful smell while using it
8. Ninja FD401 Foodi Air Fryer
(Best for Size)
The chief attraction for the Ninja FD401 Foodi is the fact that it is relatively faster than the average air fryer. For instance, frozen meat can be defrosted and cooked within 20 minutes at the most.
The appliance comes with a reversible rack that makes it possible to broil, as well as TenderCrisp chicken breasts at once.
Here is the review.
- 9 functions
- 2 accessories included
- Stainless finish
|Product Dimensions||16.1 x 14.6 x 14.2 inches|
|Item weight||26 pounds|
|Style Name||8-Quart/Stainless Steel|
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- Comes with the pressure cooking as well as air frying option
- Can be quite expensive
9. Ninja Foodi OP302 Air Fryer
The Ninja Foodi OP302 comes with a pressure cooker, air fryer and tender crisper. The air fryer comes fitted with a hydrate function which can come in handy when making homemade snacks like chips. It comes with enough capacity; you can comfortably cook some family-sized roast with it or French fries to feed your family. It is also non-stick and thus really easy to clean up after use.
For a video review, check this out.
- Performs at least 9 functions.
- Comes with a Recipe guidebook.
- Two accessories are also included.
- Has a 6.5 Qt capacity.
|Ittm Dimensions||14.25 x 16.75 x 13.1|
|Item Weight||24.9 pounds|
- Has an impressive range of functions
- Compared with the cost, the value of the product is outstanding
- Cleaning is pretty easy, unlike other pressure cookers, the lid need not be removed
- It is quite heavy
10. Ninja Auto-iQ Air Fryer and Cooker
(Best for Tech-Friendliness)
This air fryer stays true to its name, bringing all of the beauty of technology to bear. It comes with more than 80 recipes programmed into it so you need only put in the ingredients, select the recipe and sit back to let it cook.
How cool is that? It comes with several programmable cooking functions, i.e. slow cook, sear and sauté and bake. Expectedly, it comes with a timer, and Auto-stay warm which will keep your food as warm as you want it for as long as you do.
Check out this video for more information on the product.
- Comes programmed with Auto-iQ which essentially cooks for you.
- Can be used anywhere there is an outlet and power supply.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around.
|Item Weight||3.15 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.5 x 10.2 x 17 inches|
- Makes cooking relatively easy and enjoyable
- Combines several functions into one pot
- The programmed recipes give you room to experiment
- Has triple fusion heat which ensures that the pot gets heated on all sides
- Might not work well for a person who is not tech savvy
Ninja Air Fryer Buying Guide
Before making a decision on what Ninja air fryer to buy, it is essential that you consider the following:
Frequency of Use
You have to take into consideration the frequency of use before deciding on purchasing an air fryer. If you have the intention of making a variety of meals using the Ninja air fryer then, of course, it would make sense to put in a lot of money into getting a product you would not use frequently.
Do make sure that you check out the features of the air fryer before you buy. If you have specific needs, e.g. you need the air fryer to grill meat, ensure that the air fryer has that feature before purchase.
Generally, the Ninja pressure cooker air fryers give more options for cooking than the average air fryer, although the range of functions is specific to each model. So, if you have specific hydration needs, do well to check the product out before settling on one.
One other thing you have to consider is the size of the air fryer’s basket. When you decide the size of the meals you intend to be cooking, then you will decide on the air fryer to settle for.
If you aim to cook for a family of five, it is a no brainer then that the size of basket you will choose will be bigger than the average.
You also have to consider the storage space that you have. It may not seem like a huge deal, but for you to make use of an air fryer, you need to have enough room to work with.
Apart from the fact that you need to have some space where you could place the Ninja air fryer; the air fryer is typically more significant than the average home appliance. Also, there has to be some space between the wall and the air fryer’s back so that the exhaust fan can work properly.
Ease of Use
One of the chief attractions for the Ninja air fryer is the fact that they come with controls and timers. Most of the models do, anyway. However, some models do not come with controls and timers. If you are big on presetting your device before making use of them, you might want to pay special attention to every product that you select and make sure that they fit the bill before you then settle on them.
It would be great to consider the warranty provided by the company before you purchase the product. All Ninja products come with a one year limited warranty.
My Top Pick
My top pick is the Ninja 1550-Watt Air fryer. It is quite an easy choice because of the perfect blend of user-friendliness and efficiency the product comes with.
If you want to have a premium experience with the use of an air fryer, I will suggest that you try getting this product.