"Strong coffee, much strong coffee, is what awakens me. Coffee gives me warmth, waking, an unusual force and a pain that is not without very great pleasure." This is one of the famous quotes of Napoleon Bonaparte to express his love for coffee.
Like him, many people around the world see coffee as an indispensable thing of the day, a soul mate, and a relentless passion.
To reinforce this love, many coffee roasting methods, coffee processing machines, and coffee making facilities are constantly being produced and improved day by day.
Many people are used to drinking coffee every morning when they wake up, and many drip coffee makers are present in the kitchen of families.
And now it is time to choose the best drip coffee maker for you.
- Top 10 Best Small Deep Fryer to Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best 36-Inch Gas Ranges To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Dinnerware Set To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Butter Keeper Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Foodsaver Machine To Buy 2020
- Top 16 Best Lasagna Pans in 2020
- Top 15 Best Whipped Cream Dispensers To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Compact Microwave Reviews 2020
- What Is Drip Coffee?
- Drip Coffee Makers and the Secret of Making Good Coffee
- Common Types of Drip Coffee Makers
- What Is The Best Drip Coffee Maker to Buy?
- Drip Coffee Makers Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Drip Coffee Maker Reviews
- 1. Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker
- 2. Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker
- 3. Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker
- 4. Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker
- 5. Capresso 465 CoffeeTEAM TS Drip Coffee Maker
- 6. Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker
- 7. Keurig K-Classic Drip Coffee Maker
- 8. Nespresso by De'Longhi ENV135BAE Drip Coffee Maker
- 9. Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Drip Coffee Maker
- 10. Cuisinart DCC-2650 Drip Coffee Maker
- 11. Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker
- 12. Cuisinart DGB-650BC Drip Coffee Maker
- 13. Hario DPW-1 Drip Coffee Maker
- 14. Cuisinart SS-10P1 Drip Coffee Maker
- 15. Hamilton Beach 49981A Drip Coffee Maker
- How to Choose the Drip Coffee Maker
- My Top Pick
What Is Drip Coffee?
The drip coffee is a method of making brewed coffee where hot water drips through the coffee grounds kept in a paper filter or metal mesh cone, then filters down into the cup or pot.
Among many methods of brewing coffee, the drip filter is still the most common method in most countries. The advent of drip coffee makers has made it faster and more convenient for people to make coffee at home.
Starting a new day with a delicious cup of coffee made in the right way gives you the kind of alertness you need, which also means that a cup of coffee that is not brewed properly has a risk of damaging emotions as well as effectiveness in your day job.
Drip Coffee Makers and the Secret of Making Good Coffee
Making high-quality coffee and having the desired charming flavor is not a game of chance. There are some basic things you must always remember and do to make coffee successfully with your drip coffee maker:
1. Choose Fresh and Quality Coffee:
A high-end equipment will not save your coffee taste if the input materials are not of high quality. Connoisseurs believe that coffee tastes best only within three days after it is roasted, and then begins to lose its flavor.
For filter coffee, coffee will maintain its full flavor if roasted and ground just before brewing. I recommend that you should try a medium-coarse grind with a burr grinder if you can.
2. Note Water Quality:
Water is an important ingredient for this kind of drink, so you need to understand that not all types of water can be used to make coffee. Coffee does not help drown out the taste of water, but on the contrary, it may be spoiled by the bad water. In addition, you also need to choose the exact amount of water to create density as desired.
3. Keep All Parts of the Appliance Clean:
Oil and residue from previous brewing can build up and make your coffee taste oily and burnt. Therefore, the pot and the basket should also be cleaned and dry thoroughly. Once a month, you should clean the machine by running through a mixture of 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water.
4. Rinse the Filter:
You should also pour hot water into the filter to wash away dirt or paper smell, if any, before putting your coffee grounds in the filter.
5. Control the Water Temperature:
The ideal temperature for optimal extraction (according to the National Coffee Association) is 195°F to 205°F, the range that water-soluble flavor compounds in coffee most easily become incorporated into the water.
Meanwhile, the boiling temperature of water is 212°F, which means using boiling water to brew coffee is also not appropriate. If you are not looking for precise measurements like temperature control kettles or thermometers, just let your boiling water sit for just a little bit before you use it to pour over the coffee grounds.
You can refer to this video about the temperature factor in brewing coffee:
6. Attention When Using the Warming Function:
High temperatures and too long warming times can cause your coffee to burn and bitter. You should pay attention to this, or consider to pour brewed coffee into a thermos bottle to keep the coffee warm before enjoying it.
Common Types of Drip Coffee Makers
Every day, a famous brand of ready-made coffee alone can sell up to billions of cups of coffee around the world, but a larger number of such consumers are self-serving coffee at home and equipped their kitchen with a handy coffee maker.
The coffee makers consist of four types according to the brewing methods: pressure coffee makers, steep coffee makers, boil-based coffee makers, and drip coffee makers.
Drip coffee makers are the most popular type of coffee makers sold worldwide, including the following main types:
- Automatic Drip Coffee Maker: An automatic drip coffee maker can do many tasks automatically, with a common capacity of 12 cups.
The makers will heat the water and use a pump to push it above the grinds, then the hot water filters through coffee grounds, and the coffee comes down a container. Some have the hot plates to keep the hot coffee longer.
- Single-serving Coffee Maker: This machine is suitable for coffee pods or ground coffee, convenient for individuals, and can produce a fresh cup of coffee quickly. K-cup is a familiar brand of this coffee maker type.
- Manual Drip Coffee Maker: This type of coffee maker requires your time and effort to constantly pour hot water until you get the desired amount of coffee. However, this stylish type of brewing coffee, which is very suitable for who enthuse for purity, will give you full control over water temperature and volume.
What Is The Best Drip Coffee Maker to Buy?
Drip coffee makers are plentiful in price, type and popular among consumers. You should choose the best drip coffee maker for you based on brewing preferences, coffee making habits, and favorite flavors.
Here are the best drip coffee makers for your reference:
- Best Overall: Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker
“You will not be able to stop saying a lot of good things about this excellent all-purpose drip coffee maker.”
- Best for Budget: Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker
“A home drip coffee maker will save you money on expensive drinks, but you can save even more with the Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker.”
- Best Automatic: Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker
“Among a range of making coffee devices equipped with state-of-the-art and advanced features, the Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker still stands out.”
- Best Manual Drip-Stop Adjustment: Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker
“Not a next-generation, automated machine yet just a well built, simple machine but can meet tight standards for coffee ground hydration and temperature.”
- Best With Thermal Carafe: Capresso 465 CoffeeTEAM TS Drip Coffee Maker
“Not only has a quality stainless steel thermal carafe to keep your coffee hotter longer but also integrates a grinder to give you the most complete and fresh coffee flavor.”
- Best With Keep-Hot Plate: Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker
“Instantly get a hot cup of coffee ready when you wake up in the morning without worrying about the coffee cooling down thanks to the effective keep-hot plate.”
- Best for K-Cup Pods: Keurig K-Classic Drip Coffee Maker
“More than 75 million families that brew K-cup pods every day and many times a day, and a product for supporting brewing K-cup pods like the Keurig K-Classic is so favored.”
- Best for Espresso: Nespresso by De'Longhi ENV135BAE Drip Coffee Maker
“Will surprise you not only because of the beautiful crema foam head on regular coffee but also because of the amazing task completion speed.”
- Best With Milk Frother: Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Drip Coffee Maker
“The soft white foam on cappuccinos, lattes, or milk froths that satisfy the connoisseurs of coffee is no longer a legend that you cannot reach.”
- Best With Charcoal Water Filter: Cuisinart DCC-2650 Drip Coffee Maker
“If you find pure water sources hard to find and hard to trust in its quality, choose a product with a charcoal water filter to filter water in the most simple yet reliable method.”
- Best With Removable Water Reservoir: Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker
“The benefit of having a removable reservoir is that you can easily remove it to clean as well as add water.”
- Best With Grinder: Cuisinart DGB-650BC Drip Coffee Maker
“If you have had a journey to find a drip coffee maker paired with a built-in grinder, then the Cuisinart DGB-650BC is worth to be a beautiful ending to that journey.”
- Best Pour-Over: Hario DPW-1 Drip Coffee Maker
“Brings back the old-fashioned and relaxed attitude to the users because you cannot rely on any machines.”
- Best for Single-Serve: Cuisinart SS-10P1 Drip Coffee Maker
“Even if your personal needs vary greatly in the amount of water you want, the Cuisinart SS-10P1 is still easy to meet.”
- Best Small: Hamilton Beach 49981A Drip Coffee Maker
“In contrast to the look, the Hamilton Beach 49981A makes coffee very fast and smart, worthy of a design that has received many awards.”
Drip Coffee Makers Comparison Chart
You will have more information about the specifications and characteristics of each drip coffee maker to easily find the product that best satisfies your desire.
|Best Drip Coffee Makers||Brewing Capacity||Filter Type||Carafe Style|
|Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker - Best Overall||10-cup||Cone||Thermal|
|Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker - Best for Budget||12-cup||Basket||Glass|
|Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker - Best Automatic||14-cup||Gold-tone||Glass|
|Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker - Best Manual Drip-Stop Adjustment||10-cup||Cone||Glass|
|Capresso 465 CoffeeTEAM TS Drip Coffee Maker - Best With Thermal Carafe||10-cup||Gold-tone||Thermal/ Glass option|
|Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker - Best With Keep-Hot Plate||12-cup||Mesh||Glass|
|Keurig K-Classic Drip Coffee Maker - Best for K-Cup Pods||6 to 10 oz.||-||-|
|Nespresso by De'Longhi ENV135BAE Drip Coffee Maker - Best for Espresso||Espresso (1.35 ounces), Double Espresso (2.7 ounces), Gran Lungo (5 ounces), Coffee (7.7 ounces) and Alto (14 ounces)||-||-|
|Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Drip Coffee Maker - Best With Milk Frother||4 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.||My K-Cup Universal||-|
|Cuisinart DCC-2650 Drip Coffee Maker - Best With Charcoal Water Filter||12-cup||Gold-tone||Glass|
|Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker - Best With Removable Water Reservoir||4 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.||Reusable||Glass|
|Cuisinart DGB-650BC Drip Coffee Maker - Best With Grinder||10-cup||Gold-tone and charcoal||Thermal|
|Hario DPW-1 Drip Coffee Maker - Best Pour-Over||2-cup||Cloth||-|
|Cuisinart SS-10P1 Drip Coffee Maker - Best for Single-Serve||4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz||Reusable||-|
|Hamilton Beach 49981A Drip Coffee Maker - Best Small||14 oz.||Mesh||-|
Top 15 Best Drip Coffee Maker Reviews
After you have zoned the sort of drip coffee maker that best suits you, this section will help you make an even more exact decision and be happy with your choice.
You will find out more about each product, from the detailed specifications, pros and cons to my personal assessments and experiences in using, which help you understand the product better.
1. Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker
If you think a drip coffee maker is just a useful but boring device, you have probably never heard of the Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker.
Whether you just see the Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker for the first time or using it for a while, you will not be able to stop saying a lot of good things about this excellent all-purpose drip coffee maker.
- Auto iQ: smart basket recognition
- Advanced Thermal Flavor Extraction technology
- 6 brew sizes and 5 brew styles
- Cold brew coffee and tea in 10 to 15 minutes
- A fold-away hot and cold frother
- Easy to choose the strength of coffee and tea with 5 brew styles
- Suitable for making any drink you can think of with many types of ingredients
- Individual coffee and tea baskets to remain flavors separate
- Pod-free for less plastic waste
- Easy to clean: a removable water reservoir, removable filter holders
- Cannot tell how much coffee is in the carafe because it is metal
- The water reservoir is prone to water leaks
- No hot plate
|Product dimensions||11.8 x 10 x 15 inches|
|Weight of the item||16.85 pounds|
|Brew time||10 minutes|
The Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker expands the ability of a drip coffee maker, from preparing the perfect temperature of hot water, providing the delicacy of cold brew to the passionate taste of the authentic hot brew. And the simplicity of using it surprises people relentlessly.
The following video will tell you more about the greatness of the Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker:
2. Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker
(Best for Budget)
A home drip coffee maker will save you money on expensive drinks, but you can save even more with the Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker.
The classic style does not mean ineffective, and the little utility function does not mean you will not get the comfort. The Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker has other things that make users more satisfied than many other expensive machines.
- Classic functionality
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause function
- Dual water window
- On/off indicator light
- Warming plate of 2 hours
- Simple and easy to brew with classic functions
- Ability to remove the coffee cup when the brewing process is not finished
- Easy to control the exact amount of water
- Removable basket filter for easy filling and cleaning
- Not programmable and lacks of some convenient functions
|Product dimensions||8.4 x 11.8 x 12.6 inches|
|Weight of the item||3.6 pounds|
|Brew time||12 minutes|
The Mr. Coffee SK13-RB Drip Coffee Maker has a simple design, minimized function, and is suitable for people who do not appreciate automatic technology. However, this friendly-for-budget coffee maker is still excellent and convincing, which surprises many users.
3. Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker
Among a range of making coffee devices equipped with state-of-the-art and advanced features, the Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker still stands out with its powerful automation features.
Almost every detail on the machine is automated at the most ranges, and with other details that cannot be automated, the design of the Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker also aims to the convenience of users.
- Brew strength control
- Fully automatic, 24-hour programmability
- Brew Pause™ function, easy to pause the brewing process 60 seconds in advance
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control
- Charcoal water filter
- Innovative heating technology allows the water to be hotter and stay hot for longer
- Ability to reset recall settings and position in the brewing process in case of the outage
- A bunch of convenient functions: self-clean, water window, optional ready alert tone, backlit LCD
- Easy to clean all the parts
- Steamy: After brewing, when opening the lid, the condensate tends to drip down the back of the machine
- The carafe needs some improvement
|Product dimensions||7.8 x 9 x 14 inches|
|Weight of the item||0.16 ounces|
|Brew time||5-10 minutes|
The Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker is a great addition to the kitchen of busy people or those who are always inspired by automated devices.
The carafe can keep the coffee hot in a long time and easy to pour in mugs, but pouring into the coffee machine may be a bit difficult. You just pay attention to pour slowly.
See more about Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Drip Coffee Maker via this video:
4. Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker
(Best Manual Drip-Stop Adjustment)
The Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker has a classic-looking appearance and elegant European style.
With the quality construction, great duration of the brew time, and especially the certification of the Specialty Coffee Association of America and Europe, the Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker proves to be a quality product for users to explore.
- Manual-adjust drip-stop brew-basket
- Stainless steel thermal carafe
- Control brewing temperature between 196o to 205oF
- Automatically switches off when the brewing process finishes
- Prime-quality materials
- The cone shape brew-basket design can regulate a 6 minute steep
- Control temperature for the best coffee soluble extraction
- Keeps coffee hot with the thermal carafe and the travel lid
- Ability to close the brew basket and pull the carafe away in the middle of the brewing process
- The ultra-precise, natural pulse action produces the perfect coffee bloom
- No hinged lid on the water reservoir
- The thin plastic base plate seems unnecessary
- No signal to indicate when the coffee is finished brewing
|Product dimensions||11.5 x 6.8 x 15.2 inches|
|Weight of the item||6.5 pounds|
|Auto-off||Hotplate stays on for 100 minutes then the brewer turns off|
|Brew time||4-6 minutes|
The Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker is not a next-generation, automated machine yet just a well built, simple machine. However, the machine can meet tight standards for coffee ground hydration and temperature.
You can follow this link for more inspiration with the Technivorm 79112 KBT Drip Coffee Maker:
5. Capresso 465 CoffeeTEAM TS Drip Coffee Maker
(Best With Thermal Carafe)
If you like hot coffee, the thermal carafes will help you enjoy the highly stimulating warmth of the coffee without worrying about it being cold quickly.
Not only has a quality stainless steel thermal carafe to keep your coffee hotter longer, but the Capresso 465 CoffeeTEAM TS Drip Coffee Maker also integrates a grinder to give you the most complete and fresh coffee flavor.
- Integrated conical burr grinder with direct-feed technology
- 10-cup thermal carafe, 6-ounce bean container
- Programmable function for grinding and brewing
- 5 fineness settings
- Detachable see-through grinder cover
- Ability to grind fresh and whole-grain of coffee just before incubation guarantees the freshest flavor
- Easy to check the flow of grown coffee and easy to clean the grinder channel
- The stainless steel thermal carafe can keep coffee perfectly hot for hours without reheating
- The aroma of coffee is maximized
- The grounds seem not to be wet very much
- Does not handle oily beans well
|Product dimensions||9.8 x 9.5 x 15.5 inches|
|Weight of the item||9 pounds|
|Brew time||9 minutes|
The Capresso 465 CoffeeTEAM TS Drip Coffee Maker is focused on providing you with the best coffee flavor and keeping your coffee hot even for 4-5 hours after brewing.
Do you want to see more about the grinder function of the Capresso 465 CoffeeTEAM TS Drip Coffee Maker? See this video:
6. Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker
(Best With Keep-Hot Plate)
The Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker is great for both a large family and a person who enjoys going out regularly because of the large capacity water carafe and cup.
Many automatic features help you instantly get a hot cup of coffee ready when you wake up in the morning without worrying about the coffee cooling down, thanks to the effective keep-hot plate.
- Fully programmable: auto wake-up and shut-off
- Brew-strength selector (regular or bold)
- Keep-hot warming plate
- Carafe-side water reservoir with measurement markings
- Built-in, programmable clock and timer
- Two ways to brew: a single cup or full pot
- Ability to program the brewing time up to 24 hours in advance
- The nonstick and keep-hot plate retains the piping-hot coffee after brewing and shuts off automatically after two hours
- Sneak-a-cup function: automatic pause and serve, no need to wait and no worry about water leaking
- The clock light does not stay lit unless when brewing coffee
- Not compatible with K-cup brewing
|Product dimensions||10.6 x 12.2 x 13.7 inches|
|Weight of the item||10.06 pounds|
|Brew time||1-2 minutes with single-serve|
The keep-hot plate of the Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker can automatically shut-off after 2 hours, which is very safe in fire prevention.
Although the Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker is not compatible with K-cups, which are probably the most popular coffee pods, it is still very useful for single-serve needs.
The video below will give you more instruction about the Hamilton Beach 49980A Drip Coffee Maker:
7. Keurig K-Classic Drip Coffee Maker
(Best for K-Cup Pods)
K-cup pods have been popular for a long time for their quality and convenience to quickly serve a delicious single cup of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or other hot beverage.
If you know the number of more than 75 million families that brew K-cup pods every day and many times a day, you will understand why a product for supporting brewing K-cup pods like the Keurig K-Classic Drip Coffee Maker is so favored.
- Simple button controls
- Multiple K-Cup pod brew sizes
- Large 48-ounce water reservoir
- Auto-off, energy-saving
- Suitable for most popular pods sizes of 6, 8, 10 ounces
- Ready to serve over 75 brands and 400 varieties with various flavors
- The descaling feature to prevent calcium deposits or scale from occurring
- The water reservoir is removable and easy to refill
- Fits a travel mug
- No brew strength adjustment
- Large footprint, no bells and whistles
|Product dimensions||13.3 x 9.8 x 13 inches|
|Weight of the item||9 pounds|
|Auto-off||After 2 hours of idling|
|Brew time||Under a minute for K-cup pods|
No more feeling lazy having to get out of bed or prepare many stages to make coffee, it takes less than a minute for you to have a hot cup of coffee for a refreshing day. Of course, those who love the taste of pure, strong coffee will fit more specialized and powerful machines.
Below is a video giving us more information about the operation of Keurig K-Classic Drip Coffee Maker:
8. Nespresso by De'Longhi ENV135BAE Drip Coffee Maker
(Best for Espresso)
Have you ever heard of a drip coffee maker that can help you make great espresso at home? Once you smell the aroma, see, and taste the blends, I am sure you will be hooked.
The Nespresso by De'Longhi ENV135BAE Drip Coffee Maker will surprise you not only because of the beautiful crema foam head on regular coffee but also because of the amazing task completion speed.
- Brews different single serve coffee cup sizes
- Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules
- Centrifusion extraction technology
- Nespresso's technology using barcodes
- Fast heat-up time of 15 seconds
- The capsules deliver the finest roast and ground coffee with optimal freshness
- Simply to use: insert a capsule and close the lever with one-touch feature
- Great results of freshly brewed coffee with crema and delicious, authentic espresso at the barista grade
- Makes some noise when brewing but not too loud
- The temperature of the coffee is not between 196-205 degrees
|Product dimensions||9 x 12.2 x 12.3 inches|
|Weight of the item||12.96 pounds|
|Auto-off||Automatic shut-off at 9 minutes of inactivity|
It only takes the Nespresso by De'Longhi ENV135BAE about 15 seconds to heat up, 45 seconds to brew the coffee and 9 minutes to trigger the energy-saving automatic shut-off function. The way the capsules move into the side container for easy disposal is also impressive.
The following video of Nespresso will further guide how to use the Nespresso by De'Longhi ENV135BAE Drip Coffee Maker:
9. Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Drip Coffee Maker
(Best With Milk Frother)
If you have ever thought making lattes, cappuccinos, espresso or frothy milk is really an art that you can only stand and admire from afar, then I have good news for you.
You don't even need to search for a separate device to complete the ability to make your those favorite drinks yourself because it is all in the Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Drip Coffee Maker.
- Makes latte and cappuccino, single-serve K-cup pod coffee in minutes
- Simple button controls
- Large and removable 60 ounces water reservoir
- Programmable auto-off feature
- Simple to make hot or cold delicious coffee, lattes, cappuccinos without effort
- Energy efficient with the auto-off feature
- Simple process, easy to use: just brew, froth and enjoy
- The footprint is quite big to get a place for the frother
|Product dimensions||11.7 x 15.3 x 12.5 inches|
|Weight of the item||13.8 pounds|
|Auto-off||Automatic shut-off at 2 hours of inactivity|
With the Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Drip Coffee Maker, the soft white foam on cappuccinos, lattes, or milk froths that satisfy the connoisseurs of coffee is no longer a legend that you cannot reach.
The video below adds a lot of interesting things and tips for the Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Drip Coffee Maker:
10. Cuisinart DCC-2650 Drip Coffee Maker
(Best With Charcoal Water Filter)
98% of coffee is water. Water is one of the most important factors in achieving a pure coffee flavor, as coffee is susceptible to the smell of other impurities and easily becomes non-drinkable.
If you find pure water sources hard to find and hard to trust in its quality, choose a product with a charcoal water filter to filter water in the most simple yet reliable method, like the Cuisinart DCC-2650 Drip Coffee Maker.
- 24-hour programmability, adjustable auto-shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable carafe temperature control
- Brew Pause feature
- Gold-tone commercial-style permanent filter
- Charcoal water filter
- The carafe is handy and safe with an ergonomic handle, knuckle guard and dripless spout
- Safe to take the cup out in the middle of the brewing process
- The 60-Second Reset recollects settings and position in the brewing process in case of the outage
- The charcoal water filter helps remove impurities and contributes to the purest coffee flavor
- The coffee temperature is not as hot as preferred by many people
- Relatively easy to misalign the pot into place
|Product dimensions||9.5 x 11 x 16.2 inches|
|Weight of the item||9 pounds|
|Auto-off||Adjustable auto-shutoff (0-4 hours)|
The Cuisinart DCC-2650 Drip Coffee Maker has many features that can please users who are concerned about the environment and health issues such as charcoal water filter, no paper filters, or one-time preparation products.
This video will show you more about the Cuisinart DCC-2650 Drip Coffee Maker:
11. Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker
(Best With Removable Water Reservoir)
The benefit of having a removable reservoir is that you can easily remove it to clean as well as add water. This is something that is easily recognized but often overlooked.
If you are tired of having a hard time cleaning up the reservoir and filling the water and then have to clean up the spilled water, the Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker will be something to save your day.
- Use both ground coffee and K-cup pods
- Multiple brew sizes of 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.
- Compatible with Keurig gold-tone mesh filter
- Large removable 60-ounce water reservoir
- Programmable carafe auto-brew up to 24 hours in advance
- Heat the water quickly
- Keeps the hot coffee longer with the heating plate
- Users can pour fresh, hot coffee right away due to the function of mid-brew pause for 20 seconds
- The wide removable reservoir makes refilling and cleaning easy
- The glass carafe is large and has a wide opening top that is easy to clean
- Buttons and controls are on top of the machine; therefore, pay attention when choosing a place of not hindering the operations
|Product dimensions||16.2 x 15 x 14 inches|
|Weight of the item||14.4 pounds|
|Brew time||4-7 minutes (about a minute with the pods)|
The Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Makerincredibly is handy for those who need a quick cup of coffee, or four, without having to grind, measure, add water regularly. Part of these advantages comes from the wide removable reservoir.
Now, learn more about the Keurig K-Duo Drip Coffee Maker with this video:
12. Cuisinart DGB-650BC Drip Coffee Maker
(Best With Grinder)
Coffee connoisseurs always understand that coffee made from ingredients that are roasted and ground right before brewing is the most delicious and aromatic.
If you have had a journey to find a drip coffee maker paired with a built-in grinder, then the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Drip Coffee Maker is worth to be a beautiful ending to that journey.
- Built-in automatic bean grinder
- Fully programmable: auto shut off, brew pause, 1- to 4-cup setting, and grind-off feature
- Double-wall thermal stainless-steel carafe
- Charcoal water filter and permanent gold-tone filter
- Reservoir cover with release button
- The charcoal filter removes chlorine, impurities, and odors, for the purest coffee flavor for each cup of coffee
- Grinder function to grind coffee just before brewing to maximize the freshness
- The medium grinding mode avoids the grind to be too fine or too coarse
- Solid lid, secure when grinding, locks the taste from being lost
- Once the coffee gets ground up in the grinder, the moisture from the brewing process gets into the grinder, making the grinder be soggy
|Product dimensions||9.8 x 12 x 17.5 inches|
|Weight of the item||6.17 pounds|
|Auto-off||When brewing is complete|
|Brew time||10 minutes|
You can use the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Drip Coffee Maker with whole beans or ground coffee, but of course, the people buying this machine are those who love making coffee from the whole grains.
You will find that using the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Drip Coffee Maker is not difficult when watching the following video:
13. Hario DPW-1 Drip Coffee Maker
The Hario DPW-1 Drip Coffee Maker brings back the old-fashioned and relaxed attitude to the users because you cannot rely on any machines. Whether your coffee is good or bad, it all depends on the meticulousness in your every action.
- Slow extraction through fine and delicate cotton flannel
- Unique brewing process
- Designed and manufactured in Japan
- Maintains the coffee oil for the full and rich flavor and complexity
- Perfect size for individuals
- Provides silky, pure and flavorful coffee
- Completely manual, completely simple
- Does not suit some people’s preferences and styles
|Product dimensions||4.4 x 6.9 x 3.9 inches|
|Weight of the item||10.6 pounds|
|Brew time||2-3 minutes|
Items with a difference in style always divide the flow of ideas and have their own admirers. Likewise, the Hario DPW-1 Drip Coffee Maker also receives absolute love when many users find out their purest coffee flavor in the drip system.
The video below will give out some instructions about the Hario DPW-1 Drip Coffee Maker:
14. Cuisinart SS-10P1 Drip Coffee Maker
(Best for Single-Serve)
The Cuisinart SS-10P1 Drip Coffee Maker not only serves to make instant coffee with single-cup pods.
You'll get more of that for your various personal needs from the Cuisinart SS-10P1's capabilities, such as making coffee drinks with the coffee ground, many other hot drinks, serving hot water for even soup.
- 72- ounce large removable water reservoir
- HomeBarista reusable filter cup
- Fully programmable
- One-touch convenient Hot Water button, Rinse feature
- Charcoal water filter
- Compatible with brands of single-cup pods, including Keurig K-Cup pods
- Adjustable brewing temperature provides desired temperatures, easy to prepare soup, tea, hot cocoa, and more
- The reservoir is easy to clean and refill
- Large footprint
- The coffee is not hot enough for some people
- The water reservoir is hard to place back onto the side of the machine if it contains lots of water
|Product dimensions||11.03 x 9.33 x 12.13 inches|
|Weight of the item||1 pound|
|Brew time||Less than 1 minutes|
The Cuisinart SS-10P1 Drip Coffee Maker impresses with the huge reservoir and the detailed, easy-to-understand, multi-function control screen. The charcoal water filter helps purify the water and gives the taste of the freshest drink.
Here is a video about the Cuisinart SS-10P1 Drip Coffee Maker for you:
15. Hamilton Beach 49981A Drip Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach 49981A Drip Coffee Maker has a compact appearance, good-looking, perfect fit for small spaces. However, in contrast to the look, the Hamilton Beach 49981A makes coffee very fast and smart, worthy of a design that has received many awards.
- Fast brewing
- Regular (automatic drip) and bold options
- Built-in stand for coffee mugs
- Spill-resistant drip tray
- Automatically shuts off
- Incredibly fast speed: brew an 8-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds and a 14-ounce travel mug in under 2. 5 minutes
- Exact serving amounts of coffee with the scoop filter
- Safe to use with the functions of automatic shut-off after brewing, and no brewing without water in the tank and a brew button is pushed
- Due to the fast-flowing speed, coffee is not strong enough for some people
- The filter lets a bit of coffee ground into the cup
|Product dimensions||8.3 x 6.7 x 8.7 inches|
|Weight of the item||5.25 pounds|
|Brew time||90 seconds to 2.5 minutes|
The Hamilton Beach 49981A Drip Coffee Maker allows you to make an unlimited variety of different coffee with different boldness levels, different cup sizes, and proportions.
The Hamilton Beach 49981A is truly simple and environmentally friendly, with no container waste at all.
How to Choose the Drip Coffee Maker
Do you really need a drip coffee maker? If you regularly drink coffee, if you want to prepare your favorite hot coffee by yourself, if you want to feel awake and ready for a new day right before you step out of your house to get to work, you definitely need a drip coffee maker.
There are many drip coffee maker products on the market today. As long as you consider the following aspects, buying a satisfactory drip coffee maker will not be too difficult.
Amount of Coffee You Drink per Day
If you usually don't drink more than one cup a day, the single-serving drip coffee maker might be right for you. If your needs are higher than that, consider larger-capacity models.
Personal Preference for Drinking Coffee
If you usually do not have much time to make coffee, choose the type of auto-start drip coffee maker that you can schedule brewing from the night before. If you want to drink coffee right after grinding, the drip coffee maker with a built-in grinder will be what you need. If you like to drink espresso, you have to choose the right machine that can make this kind of drink for you.
In a nutshell, you need to thoroughly understand your coffee drinking preferences before exploring the drip coffee makers.
The brewing time is an element to make coffee taste so great. The brewing process of a drip coffee maker normally takes 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of cups the maker serves at a time. Some drip coffee makers can shorten this time, which is convenient for those who do not have much time for meticulous coffee making.
Kind of Carafe
There are 2 common types of carafe: glass carafe, and thermal stainless steel carafe. Glass carafe allows you to see coffee inside, also has the least impact on the taste of the coffee. As for the ability to retain heat, a glass carafe keeps the coffee warm for about 20 minutes, and a thermal stainless steel carafe performs this task for about 1 hour or more.
There are also other factors you also need to consider, such as your budget, whether the size of the product fits with other interior furniture or its position in the kitchen for your convenience or not, how easy it is to clean because the cleanliness of the drip coffee maker also affects the quality of the coffee.
Other personal preferences, such as the appearance style of the device or the reputation of brands, also help you in choosing your best drip coffee maker.
These questions and answers below are the most frequently asked questions of users when buying a drip coffee maker.
They could also be the issues you are concerned about. If you have other questions, I would be happy to invite you to write them right in the comment section below this article.
My Top Pick
If you have a love for coffee, you will understand why Napoleon Bonaparte said: "I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." And I imagine that if he had known about the Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker, he would probably have had a lot of words with wings.
With Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker, I do not almost think I bought a great drip coffee maker, but I have another good friend who shares my free time and my hobbies of making drinks in the kitchen as well as feel the precious sweet life together.
The Ninja CP307 Drip Coffee Maker is like a confidant who understands what I want and can satisfy all my taste of coffee and tea.
Would you mind sharing something about your best drip coffee maker with me down here?