Frying food is a great way to enjoy a delicious crisp on all your favorite ingredients. It’s simple and easy to throw food in the fryer, give it a few minutes, and wait for it to emerge with the perfect crispy, golden outside and warm inside you come to expect from all things fried.
But how can you know the difference between air fryer and deep fryer cooking options? Below, we will compare and contrast air fryers and deep fryers, and help you learn which one may work best for your particular preferences and cooking styles. By the time you’re done reading this article, you’ll have all the information you need to pick the right product for your kitchen.
Air fryers are popular modern kitchen appliances that can be plugged in anywhere and placed on your counter for easy access. They cook food by heating it very quickly to temperatures up to 200 degrees Celsius. Food is placed on a cooking rack or in a basket, and the hot air is circulated up through and around each ingredient to crisp it evenly on all sides.
- Small appliances that don’t take up a lot of space or run up the electric bill.
- Frying can be accomplished without much oil at all, and in some cases, with no oil whatsoever.
- Food doesn’t take long at all to prepare in an air fryer.
- Many different types of food can be prepared in an air fryer, included meats, vegetables, and even some sweets.
- Air fryers are pretty small, and can’t prepare enough food for a large family at a single time.
- Most fryers have to cool down before they can be used again, making it hard to prepare larger quantities at a time.
- Food doesn’t come out as crispy in an air fryer as it does in a deep fryer.
- Some air fryers may make foods dry and brittle without adding a lot of flavor.
Air fryers are best for cooking foods for one to three people, especially when you are in a hurry. They are great choices if you’re trying to watch what you eat and make healthier decisions with your meals.
- Top 15 Best Airtight Containers To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Shelf Liners Reviews in 2020
- Top 15 Best Coconut Water Brands To Buy 2020
- Top 15 Best Cranberry Juice Reviews 2020
- Best Oil for Making Popcorn Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Meal Prep Bags Reviews 2020
- Top 15 Best Tortilla Press Reviews 2020
- Top 12 Best Detox Tea for Your Body 2020
Deep fryers have been around a lot longer than air fryers, but haven’t been used in individual homes until more recently. They come in large, industrial sizes, but countertop models have also become more and more popular in recent years. These versions include a separate frying basket that can be lowered into a container of boiling hot oil, just like traditional commercial sized deep fryers. Food is placed in the fry basket, and can be safely removed without having to risk burns from the oil.
- Deep fryers are tried and true methods of frying food efficiently.
- Home deep fryers can handle a large amount of food at a time in the frying basket.
- Foods are flavorful and crispy every time when cooked in a deep fryer.
- Frying in a deep fryer requires a lot more oil, and is not a very healthy way to cook.
- Hot oil can be dangerous, and can cause burns and other injuries or accidents.
- Deep frying takes a lot longer than air frying.
Deep fryers are best for times when you want to add a lot of flavor to your food and don’t want to worry too much about extra calories or fats. When you have more time to devote to cooking or when you’re looking for a specific texture, this is the way to go.
So now that you know the pros and cons of air fryers and deep fryers, you can easily see what makes them both great appliance choices depending on what you’re looking for. Different needs will require different types of fryers, so it’s a good idea to really consider the kind of cooking you like to do, and the amount of people you usually cook for.
If watching your fat and calorie intake is important to you, then an air fryer may be the best solution. On the other hand, if you’re more concerned with your food’s texture and flavor than with health benefits, you might prefer the deep fryer instead. In the end, both are great products, and you can get a lot out of having one of each in your home if you have the space for it!
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and pick up your favorite air fryer or deep fryer today, and get ready for delicious food without much effort!